Alvarez & Latos to the 15-day DL.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.asp...ter=&players=0

Going by fWAR, Phelps has been our best starter and Koehler our worst.

I mean, it's shit vs shit but still.

Comment

I'd rather see Conley and Flores in the rotation than them.

Comment

Phelps peripherals have him as a solid back end starter. I think it's premature to see Conley or Flores (especially) as they should be in the minors, though we should have seen them in the weeks previous.

Comment

Originally posted by nny View Post
          Phelps peripherals have him as a solid back end starter. I think it's premature to see Conley or Flores (especially) as they should be in the minors, though we should have seen them in the weeks previous.
          The fact that they're on the roster means they should be in the rotation.

Comment

I mean, I agree with you. But if they make it it's likely going to be out of the bullpen. Both aren't likely to crack a rotation, and if they do both are back ends. They should have definitely started over Hand, and I'd still start them over Koehler (But I also dislike Koehler more than most). But it's not like they're exactly good prospects. I'd have a lot less problem with it if they were actually used and we didn't have three! long relief pitchers

It's bad prospect management, and the Marlins are shit at it. But specifically wanting Koehler and Phelps out of the rotation for guys who, if they even can stick in a rotation, are Koehler and Phelps is meh.

Comment

Originally posted by nny View Post
              I mean, I agree with you. But if they make it it's likely going to be out of the bullpen. Both aren't likely to crack a rotation, and if they do both are back ends. They should have definitely started over Hand, and I'd still start them over Koehler (But I also dislike Koehler more than most). But it's not like they're exactly good prospects. I'd have a lot less problem with it if they were actually used and we didn't have three! long relief pitchers

It's bad prospect management, and the Marlins are shit at it. But specifically wanting Koehler and Phelps out of the rotation for guys who, if they even can stick in a rotation, are Koehler and Phelps is meh.
              I don't disagree with you as you hit the nail on the head. I am a big koehler fan but he has his issues which could disappear in the bullpen. And Phelps is having some rough outings lately. I have no problem with Hand making a start but it's under circumstances that require a spot starter to avoid a roster move.

Conley and Flores could develop into better back end rotation options than phelps and koehler but they'll be significantly cheaper next year. I have the problem of regarding Urena or nicolino as a better prospect. If we had better prospects for the starting rotation it wouldn't sting as much but we don't and these guys will probably be filling 2 spots the next few years. It also is annoying because they have legitimate relievers in the minors but opt to keep 3 long relievers on the roster. Two starting prospects.

Comment

Conley sent down and Derek Dietrich recalled

What is Loria on vacation on an island with no cell access?

Comment

User Actions
                  Following

clarkspencer
                  ‏@clarkspencer
                  Henderson Alvarez again experiencing shoulder problems, will undergo tests. #marlins
                  Alvarez has only made four starts for Miami. This isn't looking too good.
                  LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Going to need a #3 to go along with that #2 we sign in the offseason.

Comment

If Alvarez needs surgery, we won't be seeing him for a long time. Maybe never as a Marlin again.

Comment

Originally posted by marlinsfan24 View Post
                        If Alvarez needs surgery, we won't be seeing him for a long time. Maybe never as a Marlin again.
                        I think they would keep him, even if 2017 is the timetable.

He won't cost much and they love him.

Comment

Called it
                          Originally posted by Madman81
                          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

I think everyone called that one. Everyone except the FO

Comment

Surgery today

Comment

Alvarez had labrum surgery. https://twitter.com/JoeFrisaro/statu...85873173860352

Comment

Working...
                                X