X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlins Charity Event Features No Marlins Players, Samson ‘Disappointed’

Samson released a statement:

CFoz-hjVEAAs2mJ.jpg

The Miami Marlins’ appears to be unraveling.

Not only has the team started off the 2015 campaign 16-26 (last in the NL East) while already making a managerial change from Mike Redmond to Dan Jennings, but apparently no players showed to a charity event at Marlins Park on Thursday night, according to multiple reports.

Fans were not pleased.

[tweet]601716506636984323[/tweet]

[tweet]601578641877794819[/tweet]

The invitation for the event, dubbed Fish N’ Chips, read:

“Please join the Marlins Foundation for an evening of fun and stakes at the Craps, Blackjacks, Roulette, Poker and Domino tables as you rub elbows with your favorite Marlins players, coaches and alumni.”

Only not one player showed, making Marlins President David Samson “disappointed.”

[tweet]601846563015647232[/tweet]

Riding a seven-game losing streak, making matters worse was Giancarlo Stanton — the face of the team — skipping out on postgame media availability after the team’s 7-6 loss to the Diamondbacks Thursday afternoon.
    Marlins Charity Event Features No Marlins Players, Samson ‘Disappointed’

The dumpster: It's on fire.

Comment

They're going to demote the entire team to the minors, just like they did with LoMo!

Comment

I'd rather them spend their time working on improving their chances of winning than spending time with foundation donors. The foundation page looks like a bunch of garbage and purely a public relations ploy.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
          I'd rather them spend their time working on improving their chances of winning than spending time with foundation donors. The foundation page looks like a bunch of garbage and purely a public relations ploy.
          One thing has nothing to do with the other.

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
            One thing has nothing to do with the other.
            They do seeing how time isn't infinite. You lose the opportunity to study video, take batting practice, or whatever during that time in order to attend the event.

Comment

I'm pretty sure they're not studying video after games. They have all day before games to study video, which is when that's usually done. Maybe there was miscommunication between the players and the organization in terms of who was supposed to attend the event.

Comment

I'm not saying that's what they do but when you're playing like shit, you should be spending available time finding ways to improve your performance. That might be relieving stress in some way, it maybe studying video, or it maybe working in a batting cage; attending the charity event will not improve their performance in anyway. The players may see the foundation as the PR scheme it is and are boycotting organizational events that they are not contractually obligated to attend.

Comment

This is one of a few ways players can really act out against ownership. I support this move 100%.

Comment

Originally posted by Party View Post
                    This is one of a few ways players can really act out against ownership. I support this move 100%.
                    Fully engulfed.

Comment

Working...
                    X