X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postgame: Leader of Men Leads Marlins to Another Loss

This team is misery.
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

The Dan Jennings era sure has been a doozy.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
      So, recent performance shouldn't matter at all? Like, you would rather have Yelich in the No. 2 spot than Ozuna right now?

They have a bunch of bad options. It seems like an extremely strange thing to complain about.
      Actually I would. I could see you're point if they had Bour hitting cleanup but they didn't; they had Prado. Do you think Prado should be hitting clean up right now?

Comment

Definitely a good thing we upgraded at catcher. Realmuto's defense has been fantastic
        Originally posted by Madman81
        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
          Actually I would. I could see you're point if they had Bour hitting cleanup but they didn't; they had Prado. Do you think Prado should be hitting clean up right now?
          Who cares? This team sucks. There is no good option at the moment.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
              Who cares? This team sucks. There is no good option at the moment.
              Which is exactly why career numbers should come into play here

Comment

You just know Mike Redmond cracked a little smile after the final out. If just for a moment.

Comment

Which is exactly why career numbers should come into play here
                  So, who do you want hitting 2nd?

Comment

So, who do you want hitting 2nd?
                    Yelich.

Comment

Yelich.
                      .180/.263/.236

And before we start talking about career stats, that argument only holds true when a guy looks like he's hitting into bad luck. Instead, his peripherals are mostly down across the board. He looks terrible.

Comment

yeah holy shit, raise up off yelich's nuts. he's been fucking abysmal at the plate.

Comment

.180/.263/.236

And before we start talking about career stats, that argument only holds true when a guy looks like he's hitting into bad luck. Instead, his peripherals are mostly down across the board. He looks terrible.
                          His walk rate is 1% point lower than his career. His BABIP is 100 points lower than his career. He's had bad luck. The only things wrong with Yelich's stats are his swinging strike rate and his k rate. And even if you don't think it should be Yelich it makes more sense to hit Prado 2nd and Ozuna 4th. It makes no sense to have hitting Prado 4th.

Comment

Batting order is one of the dumbest, most overrated fights sports fans have, but if we're going to fight about it...

The focus should be having better on-base guys at the top of the lineup. Right now, Ozuna is one of the best this team has. Yelich is, to put it nicely, not.
                            poop

Comment

I don't think a manger should be reactionary though - what's important is what a player is expected to do in the future. Recent results should certainly hold more weight than older results, yes. But Jennings has been pretty crazy reactionary and over-managing.

My other problem is the "figuring it out until it works." So if Yelich and Ozuna go back to more of what's expected of them, does he not change the order because all of a sudden it "works"? His decision making so far has struck me as the kind that thinks he has a bigger positive impact on the game than he does, which makes him over manage, which makes him have a larger negative impact.

Comment

Working...
                              X