This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jay View Post
    So it seemed like he wanted Dunn to face Peralta. I don't get why you don't have Morris ready in case they pinch hit for him?
    Even if that was his reason for making the move, the reason is still dumb as hell.

I wish I could manage this team. Make money without consequences and I wouldn't make dumb moves like that one. Even if I made a dumb move, I'd still get paid anyway. Easiest job in the world.

- - - - - - - - - -

Mike Dunn does not have equal success against both lefties and righties. This has been said for years and it's not true. He does better against left-handed hitters. Tommy Hutton is a moron.

Comment

What did Hutton say?

Comment

Originally posted by Mainge View Post
        What did Hutton say?
        Dunn has equal success against righties and lefties.

I mean he isn't a loogy but he's not equal.
        AVG OBP SLG
        .214 .305 .322 lefties
        .235 .341 .401 righties

Comment

There is tiny part of me that wants them to lose 14 games in a row because Loria is so embarrassing.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainge View Post
            What did Hutton say?
            He said that people were going to second-guess Jennings for having him face Pollock. But it didn't matter because Dunn is the same against righties as he is against lefties. His reasoning for this was strictly the small sample size this year and he only brought up batting average.

They've been saying this about Dunn for years now too, and it's not true.

- - - - - - - - - -

Dunn has equal success against righties and lefties.

I mean he isn't a loogy but he's not equal.
            AVG OBP SLG
            .214 .305 .322 lefties
            .235 .341 .401 righties
            Exactly. He's no Randy Choate and it's fine for him to pitch to some righties depending on the situation.
            Leaving him in to face David Peralta when Trumbo and Goldschmidt are coming up before Peralta in a tied game makes absolutely no sense. As a manager, you also have to know that there's a possibility that the opposing manager is going to pinch-hit for Peralta since he's not exactly a stud. Terrible move. Took Ozuna out of the game for no reason.

Comment

Hey [MENTION=121]HUGG[/MENTION], it looks like it's gonna be Bour time.

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
                Exactly. He's no Randy Choate and it's fine for him to pitch to some righties depending on the situation.
                Leaving him in to face David Peralta when Trumbo and Goldschmidt are coming up before Peralta in a tied game makes absolutely no sense. As a manager, you also have to know that there's a possibility that the opposing manager is going to pinch-hit for Peralta since he's not exactly a stud. Terrible move. Took Ozuna out of the game for no reason.
                I'm not saying it was the smartest move but I can see what he was thinking. I'm more annoyed that he didn't pull Dunn when the pinch hitter got in the box. It's his second game as a manager I expect some dumb moves but he's still better than Red thus far.

Comment

I'm not saying it was the smartest move but I can see what he was thinking. I'm more annoyed that he didn't pull Dunn when the pinch hitter got in the box. It's his second game as a manager I expect some dumb moves but he's still better than Red thus far.
                  Why?

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
                    Why?
                    I can't think of a thing Red did that you could call him a good manager for therefore a dead goldfish would have been better.

- - - - - - - - - -

Odds Yelich gets caught stealing here.

Comment

Lol, Morse is terrible.

Comment

Mike Morse has a OPS below .560

Comment

#contenders

Comment

Morse is so late on the sliders it's not even funny. The sliders. He's swinging when the ball is half way in the catcher's mitt. I mean, it's one thing if he's just not hitting and another if he can't get the bat around on a ball.

Comment

Post Game

http://soflamarlins.com/showthread.p...748#post368748

Comment

Working...
                              X