No announcement yet.

Cosart Placed on 15 Day DL, Koehler To Start In His Place

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He had the highest peak, but Roger Clemens should win that title.
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

3ip 0h 0er 1bb 5k for Cosart, starting opposite Jose today

I imagine, with Jose pitching for Jupiter, that he'll pitch for Jacksonville on Saturday and then rejoin the rotation

he's not working back from an injury, so really just getting his arm going again

Comment

I'm so clueless when it comes to extended spring training. Was this a game Jose vs Cosart match up with only Marlins players? Or do teams combine rosters?

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
          I'm so clueless when it comes to extended spring training. Was this a game Jose vs Cosart match up with only Marlins players? Or do teams combine rosters?
          Could have been guys ticketed for Batavia and the GCL as well as guys on rehab OR since we share the complex could have been from the Cards. No one really knows except for the reporters/scouts on the back fields.

I went years ago to a Houston Extended ST thing and it was pretty crazy. Guys wandering in and out of the dugout,just leaving the field and half of them looked like they were 15(Guessing DSL kids they had up)

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
            Could have been guys ticketed for Batavia and the GCL as well as guys on rehab OR since we share the complex could have been from the Cards. No one really knows except for the reporters/scouts on the back fields.

I went years ago to a Houston Extended ST thing and it was pretty crazy. Guys wandering in and out of the dugout,just leaving the field and half of them looked like they were 15(Guessing DSL kids they had up)
            So do they never play with teams other than the Cards? I understand that its Batavia, GCL and rehab guys playing in it.

Comment

It was only Marlins prospects for this, yes.

Comment

Originally posted by HUGG View Post
                It was only Marlins prospects for this, yes.
                This makes the starts from Cosart and Fernandez look less spectacular. Just kidding, a little.

Comment

Originally posted by marlinsfan24 View Post
                  This makes the starts from Cosart and Fernandez look less spectacular. Just kidding, a little.
                  I mean it's all guys who are just starting out their careers or coming off of injuries and the best prospects are not involved

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
                    I mean it's all guys who are just starting out their careers or coming off of injuries and the best prospects are not involved
                    I know. I was just making a joke at the expense of the terrible farm system.

Comment

Cosart will probably back for his next start. Started for New Orleans last night 5.2 IP 9 hits 2ER 0BB 1K 1HR. Lines up with Phelps start but hard to belief he gets pulled after last night so Cosart or Phelps on short rest Monday with Koehler to the pen. (The FO plans on DFA Baker and Solano and carrying 5 long relievers.)

Comment

Cosart making one more start for New Orleans

Comment

Originally posted by HUGG View Post
                          Cosart making one more start for New Orleans
                          This seems really strange considering his injury.

Comment

NEW YORK -- What's next for Jarred Cosart has yet to be decided.

Initially, the Marlins were leaning toward having the right-hander rejoin the rotation sometime next week. But as of Wednesday, nothing has officially been announced as to whether Cosart will return to the club or make another rehab assignment start.

"To be determined," manager Dan Jennings said.

On the disabled list retroactive to May 14 with vertigo, Cosart threw 5 1/3 innings on Tuesday night in a rehab outing for Triple-A New Orleans at Round Rock.
                            The 25-year-old gave up four runs on seven hits with two walks and six strikeouts in a no-decision.

Cosart ran his pitch count up to 103, with 67 strikes.

In seven starts with the Marlins, Cosart is 1-3 with a 4.08 ERA, and he last saw action on May 13 at the Dodgers.

Jennings said he still must meet with the front office to determine what to do with the rotation.

"We'll come up with what is going to be our best plans going forward," Jennings said.

The emergence of rookie Jose Urena, plus steady contributions from David Phelps and Tom Koehler, have the Marlins rethinking their starting five.

Jennings noted that competition may decide who stays and who goes to the bullpen.

Cosart and Jose Fernandez (Tommy John surgery) remain on the disabled list. Fernandez has announced he will return to the rotation on July 2 at home against the Giants. His status is secure.

Cosart's situation could be different.

"Competition is a great thing," Jennings said. "If someone is going to take a job, it's one thing. They have to earn it. Urena has pitched very well. I love the competition."

Fernandez's spot is locked in. But once Cosart and Fernandez return, at least one or maybe two starters currently in the rotation may wind up in the bullpen.

Jennings didn't say if Cosart could be a bullpen option. Perhaps his performance, coupled with how Urena, Phelps and Koehler are throwing, will play a factor.

"Jose [Fernandez] is Jose, and he's a true No. 1," Jennings said. "But the competition is good."
                            http://m.marlins.mlb.com/news/articl...-jarred-cosart

Comment

So you're saying the team is run by idiots who would rather have a guy make extra rehab starts instead of making the team better. I mean Mazzaro is still in the bullpen. This is a lot harder decision once Jose gets back and there isn't an obvious person to remove from the staff. Maybe they're trying to trade Haren.

Comment

fuck

oops i thought this was the post game thread
                                Last edited by nny; 06-17-2015, 10:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X