No announcement yet.

Marlins Fire Redmond and Leary, Name GM Dan Jennings New Manager

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, I remember he started doing well after a slow start to the season.

God, we have one regular with an above average ISO. Third to last in the majors ahead of only the Phillies and White Sox. Hopefully Ozuna keeps trucking and something of Morse/Bour hits well.

Comment

• Can we just alternate Gordon and Stanton and have them hit 5 times through the lineup?

Comment

• Originally posted by thatnewguy View Post
        Can we just alternate Gordon and Stanton and have them hit 5 times through the lineup?
        This isn't the American League.

Comment

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hw2HtRQ2U8Y
          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

• ^ That's better than that "Dive right in, join the fun! Ungh!" song.

Comment

• From the USA Today:

Yes, if you can believe it, they also debated the idea of bringing back Ozzie Guillen, who was fired by these same Marlins after the 2012 season, and is still being paid $2.5 million. Yet, fearing a backlash from corporate sponsors about Guillen's comments praising Fidel Castro that got him axed in the first place, that was squashed too.
              http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...ture/28021929/

Comment

• I knew it!

Comment

• "Hey, I don't disagree with some of the things people are saying,'' Jennings said. "I get it. But I'm going to tell you what, I was in that (expletive) car and driving 50,000 and 60,000 miles a year, and grinding out three to four games a day as a scout. So I paid my dues as well.
                  There it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                    There it is.
                    There is a difference between identify talent and managing it. You would think a GM would know that

Comment

• A grind is a grind. Only grinders know that.

Comment

• Dan Jennings is on Grindr?

Comment

• I was just thinking to myself........

Firing Mike Redmond was one of the most unnecessary, Mickey Mouse moves I've ever experienced in sports.

Comment

• I didn't think it deserved its own thread, but Bud Black was just fired by the Padres.

What do you all think of someone like him becoming the manager next year?

Comment

• I think he'd be great as next manager/pitching coach. (Likely the former.)
                              LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• I think it doesn't matter who they get because the FO and owner will still be awful.

Comment

Working...
                                X