Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heath Bell on 5/11/2012: 9.28era 10.2ip 3sv 4bs
    Steve Cishek on 5/11/2015: 10.32era 11.1ip 3sv 4bs

Bell would then go on to convert his next 14 save opps in a row before blowing 2 of the next 4 and getting removed from the role permanently.

I really don't remember him getting 19 saves before losing the job.

Comment

I can't believe Redmond sent him out there. That's on him. It was obvious he needed to be removed temporarily to figure his shit out.

Can't believe the box score waking up.

Comment

LOL just saw the pitch he threw to give up the HR. Holy shit that was awful.

So when do the Marlins sign Rafael Soriano?

Comment

Also Stanton seems to be sucking out of solidarity for Cishek this month. 6/40 with 2 XBHs and 19 Ks in May.

Comment

I agree that Cishek may be trying to be "too perfect" up there because of his track record this season of giving up wins. Can't have that in late inning situations, especially on the road against good teams. It's bad enough that the pressure is on in the 9th, adding more to yourself is only going to make command more wobbly and bad pitches in the zone more likely. He should not be sent down. Let him work 6th and 7th innings. If he still sucks in those spots, then send him to AAA.
            STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

I went to bed at 11:30.

I was seriously shocked to see that Cisheck was sent out in the 9th on the road vs the Dodgers. He clearly needed time in the minors after the Giants debacle.

Redmond is a fucking idiot.

Comment

I don't know about the minors, but he needs to be mop up for 2 weeks and be reinserted after 3-4 good outings.

I think they can sign Soriano without giving up a draft pick mid June

Comment

We're trading for k-rod remember guys.

Comment

CISHEK ASS!
                    This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

Originally posted by lou View Post
                      I don't know about the minors, but he needs to be mop up for 2 weeks and be reinserted after 3-4 good outings.

I think they can sign Soriano without giving up a draft pick mid June
                      I had no idea Rafael Soriano wasn't even signed until the news broke that the Marlins were going after him. He's probably the best guy to target given we won't be giving up players or draft picks. Might have to pay him a little more than we normally would but I'm sure Loria doesn't mind too much as this point.

EDIT: And a quick google search shows his agent is Scott Boras. That answers every question of why he's still on the market.

Comment

Originally posted by dim View Post
                        I had no idea Rafael Soriano wasn't even signed until the news broke that the Marlins were going after him. He's probably the best guy to target given we won't be giving up players or draft picks. Might have to pay him a little more than we normally would but I'm sure Loria doesn't mind too much as this point.

EDIT: And a quick google search shows his agent is Scott Boras. That answers every question of why he's still on the market.
                        I don't understand why an agent would let a guy like Soriano go unsigned until mid-may.
                        Also, I read Lou's post as if they wait until after the draft a pick wouldn't be given up but before it would.

Comment

Its the same thing that happened to Kendry Morales and Stephen Drew last year. Their team put an arbitration tender on them, the guys opted for free agency, and any team that signs them has to forfeit pick until some date in the summer.

It's not boras, its the bad policy in the CBA which allows this to happen. No team is sacrificing a first rounder to sign a 35 year old soriano for 3 years.

Comment

Mid June is the stupidest part. Make it spring training so guys can actually get ready for a season and shit.

Comment

Isn't the draft pick protected for a certain number of picks though? Would this even matter to us if we signed him?

Comment

We're outside of that number (by one, IIRC)

Comment

Working...
                                X