No announcement yet.

Dee Gordon 2B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dee has a .279/.300/.324 since May 10th now with a .342 BABIP #arbitraryendpoint

Comment

Dee is fine.

Comment

Yep .624 OPS over half his plate appearances is fine.

Comment

You could do this for every player over the course of the year. How's he doing on the other half of his plate appearances? How's his defense? You're still complaining about the guy who's arguably been the best player at his position this year?

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
            You could do this for every player over the course of the year. How's he doing on the other half of his plate appearances? How's his defense? You're still complaining about the guy who's arguably been the best player at his position this year?
            Jason Kipnis is dead?

Comment

Originally posted by marlinsfan24 View Post
              Jason Kipnis is dead?
              Kipnis has been better.

Comment

You don't have a problem with a leadoff hitter with an obp of .300. This isn't 30 pas. It's 140

Comment

He has a .377 obp. This isn't 140 PAs. It's 277.

Comment

For the last half he's been at .300 yet he will never bat lower in the order

Comment

it just seems like it's a weird thing to complain about on a team full of things to complain about

I mean, he hasn't walked in June and has a .264 OBP this month.

But if he had gotten 3 more hits and/or walks so far this month, his OBP is .320 and no one but you is having this conversation. 4 more hits and/or walks this month and his OBP in June is .340 and even you're not having this conversation.

Like, it's a silly conversation to have at all considering he's one of two bright spots on the team so far, he's the best in the league at his position so far, etc. But it's exceptionally silly to think that if he goes 4 for 4 tonight his June OBP shoots up 52 points.

- - - - - - - - - -

Even since your arbitrary end date, we're talking about an extra 7 hits or walks to bring his OBP up to .320 in that stretch.

Originally posted by Madman81
                      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

What's the year end OBP you guys won't be happy with?

Say he hits .284 with a .303 OBP the rest of the way (updated numbers to include yesterdays game to my May 10th arbitrary endpoint). This isn't completely unreasonable considering the .351 BABIP in the time span. He gets 600 PAs he has .315 AVG and .337 OBP. He gets 700 PAs he has .311 AVG and .332 OBP. Will you still be happy with him leading off? End line looks alright but its entirely due to an insane first 5 weeks of the year.

Comment

He has a .261/.279/.277 slash line with a 50 wRC+ since May 16th. That's over 122 plate appearances. Not a huge sample size, but its almost as big as the hot start to the season. So while you guys got extremely excited over that, this should be a little concerning as well.

He's got a 1.6% BB rate and a 20.6 K% in that span. And it's not like he's been terriblely unlucky, has a .320 BABIP in that span. So there should be concern about what he's doing.

People find nitpicks with Stanton's game all the time, but for some reason any blasphemy of Gordon is looked down upon. It's weird. He's far from a perfect player and his last month or so has been concerning.

- - - - - - - - - -

And I know you guys will bring up the "arbitrary endpoints" thing, but the 16th is the immediately after his 7 hits over 2 games against the Dodgers and Braves. That's why I brought that day up.

Dee has been a damn good player so far, but there is a concerning trend.

Comment

And people will brush aside the fact he did shit at the plate for month if the bottom line is still good. And it will look nice because his first 5 weeks were such an outlier

Comment

I don't really care what his OBP is. I care of his cumulative talents, and he's still the third best base runner and fourth most valuable defensive player (and top defensive 2b).

Just as he was as good as his hot start, he's not as bad as this. Yeah, 0.3 WAR past 30 days isn't that good. But it's not bad either - 2 WAR over a season. And that's with a 50 wRC+. He's not going to have a .550 ops the rest of the way.

And it's not that it's blasphemy to talk bad about Dee. It's that Jay has a vendetta against him.

Comment

I know I have a vendetta against him but you have no problem if he puts up a .300 OBP for essentially 5 months of the season in the lead off spot?

Comment

Working...
                                X