Dee Gordon 2B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by marlinsfan24 View Post
    He maintained a similar ERA and FIP pitching in a more difficult league and ballpark.
    If that's the case what explains his 3.22 home ERA/5.21 away ERA this season as opposed to his 4.66 home ERA/4.06 away ERA last season?

He's a mediocre pitcher. I actually think we got a pretty good return.
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
      If that's the case what explains his 3.22 home ERA/5.21 away ERA this season as opposed to his 4.66 home ERA/4.06 away ERA last season?

He's a mediocre pitcher. I actually think we got a pretty good return.
      He struck out more guys and walked less on the road than at home. In fact, his FIP/xFIP at home were 3.57 and 3.92. On the road they were 3.27 and 3.72. He also had a .389 BABIP against him on the road and .282 at home. His career mark is a .316 mark.

His FIP at home last season was 3.07, he struck out more guys, and walked less at home.

We can agree to disagree. I do agree the return was fair, but I don't think he's a mediocre pitcher and they sold low on him.

2.3 and 3.1 WARs by BR and Fangraphs this season.
      Last edited by marlinsfan24; 10-01-2015, 11:50 AM.

Comment

• 3.1 fWAR would tie him with Prado's output, with Phelps's 1.0 fWAR tipping the scales and Garrett Jones's -0.5 WAR (and shedding his contract) really driving the point home. (also Domingo German didn't pitch this year and had TJ surgery in May)

We won that trade pretty much any way you slice it. We've sold low on guys, we've sold high on guys, but I don't think Eovaldi is either one of those.

I'd be more upset about DeSclafani than Eovaldi.
        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

• Nathan Eovaldi is getting close to joining the Ricky Nolasco "But His FIP Says He's Good, Guys" Hall of Fame

Comment

• nolasco currently has a 3.02 FIP and a 5.97 ERA in 34.2 innings

Comment

• Originally posted by HUGG View Post
              Nathan Eovaldi is getting close to joining the Ricky Nolasco "But His FIP Says He's Good, Guys" Hall of Fame
              He never had that problem prior to last year, though.

I give it one more season before penciling him in there.

Comment

3.1 fWAR would tie him with Prado's output, with Phelps's 1.0 fWAR tipping the scales and Garrett Jones's -0.5 WAR (and shedding his contract) really driving the point home. (also Domingo German didn't pitch this year and had TJ surgery in May)

We won that trade pretty much any way you slice it. We've sold low on guys, we've sold high on guys, but I don't think Eovaldi is either one of those.

I'd be more upset about DeSclafani than Eovaldi.
                Eovaldi has more team control than Prado. Deciding the Marlins won after one year when they also gave up a top prospect is premature. We'll just have to agree to disagree.
                Last edited by marlinsfan24; 10-01-2015, 05:14 PM.

Comment

• And Phelps has more control then Eovaldi does.

Was German ever a top prospect?

Comment

• I used top prospect loosely. But he was a valuable chip.

Comment

• He takes up a 40 man spot, might be out of options next year unless he's granted an extra year due to injury, hasn't pitched all season, has to rehab from TJ now, and next year when he comes back he'll be a 23 year old with no experience above A ball.

Comment

• Originally posted by marlinsfan24 View Post
                        That trade was still a damn good one at the time. Sucks Maybin and Miller didn't pan out.
                        What trade are you referring to?

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                          What trade are you referring to?
                          The trade that was, you know, the worst trade since Ruth to the Yankees.

Comment

He takes up a 40 man spot, might be out of options next year unless he's granted an extra year due to injury, hasn't pitched all season, has to rehab from TJ now, and next year when he comes back he'll be a 23 year old with no experience above A ball.
                            Are you referring to German? He was just added this past season so he'll have an option year next season and in 2017.
                            LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• Originally posted by thatnewguy View Post
                              The trade that was, you know, the worst trade since Ruth to the Yankees.
                              Yeah that's what I thought.

So Marlinsfan24 thinks that was a good trade at the time?

Nah, that can't be it.

Comment

• As of 4:23 PM,

Gordon: 3-3, .334 AVG
                                Harper: 0-2, .329 AVG

Looks like Dee Gordon is about to win the batting title.

Comment

Working...
                                X