No announcement yet.

Dee Gordon 2B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 guys of a 25 man roster are decent lol. Well we knew this season would end in a pile

Comment

• Someone not blocked by Frisaro please tell him to grow the fuck up:

https://twitter.com/JoeFrisaro/statu...30474619838464

Comment

• Month by Month for Dee:
        April: .409/.418/.484 99pa
        May: .351/.393/.412 122pa
        June: .304/.304/.400 115pa
        July: .208/.250/.283 59pa
        August: .322/.355/.426 122pa
        Sept: .324/.378/.352 37pa

1st Half: .338/.359/.413
        2nd Half: .311/.343/.404

- - - - - - - - - -

The trade sucked and he'll always be linked to it, but man this dude is good

Comment

• Who were our main Dee Gordon haters?

I know Jay was one of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
            Who were our main Dee Gordon haters?

I know Jay was one of them.
            Present. He's a solid player, but he's not a star. Still a terrible trade though.

Comment

• Terrible trade for what they gave up but Dee Gordon shouldn't be held at fault for it. Gordon was not good enough for what they gave up, but he's still a good player that shouldn't be hated simply because it was a bad trade.

Comment

• Definitely don't like him but he's definitely has been better than I thought he would be recently

Comment

• Dee Gordon is having a similar season to Christian Yelich at the plate, right now:

Yelich: .331 wOBA, 108 wRC+
                  Gordon: .332 wOBA, 108 wRC+

Yelich has a .357 OBP to Gordon's .356.

Not a bad one-two punch. Of course, I expect Dee to regress downwards next season and Yelich upwards.

Comment

• The season is far more impressive for Yelich given he was so bad he nearly got sent down for a turn. He's been the teams best hitter since June and basically pulled a respectable season out of his ass. Big reason why it was a big deal to get him signed before he pulls off an All Star season not too far down the line. Obviously it sucks the power hasn't materialize, but he hits well enough for it not to matter all that much.

Gordon's start wasn't sustainable but he's still valuable down the line. Nobody should ever expect Gordon to draw any real walks. It would be nice to see him not get picked off so much and cut down the stolen base number a bit (which he's done more as the season has progressed), but he's a starting 2nd baseman for basically every playoff team in baseball. Definitely not somebody we need to worry about just yet going into next season.

Comment

• He was great on the base paths last year, was second in the majors in Baserunning Runs (behind Ben Revere by 0.4 runs). So it's not just speed, he has ability too. I think that'll go up next year. Hopefully his defense stays a plus.

- - - - - - - - - -

Although I also wonder, in regards to his base running runs going down so much, how much that has to do with our shitty offense. Dodgers scored 200 more runs than we did last year. It's hard to get credit for creating a run going from first to third on a single or first to home on a double when the guys behind you don't hit.

Which shows the retardedness of "speed and defense". Grats, someone fast managed to get on base and now they sit their and twiddle their numbers.

(I'm still pro-Prado at third next year though. Just fix the rotation and bench)

Comment

• 4 for 5 with a HR tonight

3.7 WAR before the start of the game

Trade him while he still has some value

Comment

• Needs 20 hits in the final 17 games to be 3rd player in Marlins history with 200 (Hanley, JP (twice))

Shame he missed that stretch with the injury

Comment

• Still don't like the trade, still think they gave up way too much for him, and the lack of depth the trade created is a real problem for a team that won't spend money to actually build a real team.

But Dee's been unimpeachably awesome this season, and is absolutely not what is wrong with the team. He's made small improvements in his overall skill set, and it has allowed him to sustain his production throughout the season. He's a 3-4 WAR player, and arguably the 3rd or 4th best position player on the team moving forward.
                            poop

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                              Still don't like the trade, still think they gave up way too much for him, and the lack of depth the trade created is a real problem for a team that won't spend money to actually build a real team.

But Dee's been unimpeachably awesome this season, and is absolutely not what is wrong with the team. He's made small improvements in his overall skill set, and it has allowed him to sustain his production throughout the season. He's a 3-4 WAR player, and arguably the 3rd or 4th best position player on the team moving forward.
                              This. Though I think he's a lot closer to a 2-3 WAR player, I don't see him maintaining a .382 BABIP next season.

Comment

• I mean, he was a 3 WAR player last season and a 4+ WAR player this season.
                                poop

Comment

Working...
                                X