No announcement yet.

Cishek Redeems Himself As Marlins Even Series with Mets After 4-3 Victory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postgame: Cishek Redeems Himself As Marlins Even Series with Mets After 4-3 Victory

Now beat that fat man Bartolo Colon tomorrow and take the series.

he's coming for us.

Comment

Great job by Morse scoring Prado to go ahead after the Mets tied it up 3-3. Cishek's location was much better tonight.

Latos needs a good start tomorrow night to take the series.

Comment

Originally posted by HUGG View Post
        I still don't get how that happened

Comment

Wow someone really got run down by Colon like that? Embarrassing
          STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

Colon conditioning

If we get down by a few tomorrow night, not a bad idea to let Colon chase down a few base runners . . . I'm betting he'll begin to tire quite quickly.

Comment

Barry Jackson's Sports Buzz for Miami Herald:

"### Though it wasn’t the overriding decision in parting ways with catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia, the Marlins had some concern about how gracefully he would deal with being a backup, according to a team official. One friend said he's pleased to be moving on, hopeful of getting more playing time elsewhere.

### Marlins pitchers love throwing to rookie J.T. Realmuto. “J.T. has done a great job of blocking the ball; his knowledge of the game is special; and he has a lot of talent and upside,” Mat Latos said. Dan Haren said Realmuto deserves some credit for the team’s recent drop in ERA.

### Among the reasons the Marlins should be concerned about their closer: Steve Cishek’s velocity is at a career-low: He’s averaging 89.1 mph on his fastball, down from a career mark of 92.0, and 79.0 on his slider (down from 82.2), according to fangraphs.com.

Cishek rebounded from last night's blown lead with a save in tonight's 4-3 win against the Mets.

### First baseman Michael Morse, who entered Tuesday hitting .222, reminded me that his best season in the majors (.303, 31 homers, 95 RBI for Washington in 2011), “started the same way [hitting .224 in April]. So I’m excited. I know it will turn. I know I’m a good player.”

Though Justin Bour has hit .368 in 16 career starts, Mike Redmond understandably said he's committed to Morse because "we want to get his bat going." Morse's body of work warrants patience.

And Morse's eighth-inning RBI single tonight delivered the game-winning run for Miami."

- - - - - - - - - -

If this JT behind the plate magic is true, I can't wait to see him paired up with Jose Fernandez. 0.00 ERA anyone?
              STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

Jose Fernandez

With Jeff Mathis: 109.1ip 1.56era
                Without Jeff Mathis: 115.0ip 2.89era

Comment

Without Jeff Mathis = Saltysituation
                  STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

Was it Paul Bako that Greg Maddux kept employed for years as his personal catcher?

Comment

Wasn't it just whoever wasn't Javy Lopez?

Comment

Starters have lowest BABIP in the majors (.239) but still only 7th in the NL in ERA.

I'm still worried about our rotation (mostly Koehler and Haren)

Comment

Originally posted by HUGG View Post
                          Was it Paul Bako that Greg Maddux kept employed for years as his personal catcher?
                          Eddie Perez, I think.

Comment

That's it. He was the main one.

Comment

Originally posted by nny View Post
                              Starters have lowest BABIP in the majors (.239) but still only 7th in the NL in ERA.

I'm still worried about our rotation (mostly Koehler and Haren)
                              I hear the Dodgers need a SP again! Trade him back!

Comment

Working...
                              X