Jarrod Saltalamacchia Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Of course he did.

It's fun to think about the fact that they're essentially paying like $9 million a year for Jeff Mathis as their backup catcher.
    poop

Comment

• Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
      FWIW:

hit .251/.332/.474 (.805 OPS, 115 OPS+) in 171 ABs for Arizona
      He was bound to play better. Mathis owned a .504 OPS, so he was a keeper for sure.

Comment

• Unfortunately his defense is so bad that he can post a mid 700 OPS and it's still not enough to be a regular starter. I'll root for Salty to do well but his inability to throw anybody out at 2nd was just a big a problem as his poor hitting.

Do appreciate the update. He's the one player we let go that I haven't really followed since.

Comment

• Nah, he's totally fine as a platoon bat. He never should have been let go.

Comment

• Originally posted by dim View Post
            Unfortunately his defense is so bad that he can post a mid 700 OPS and it's still not enough to be a regular starter. I'll root for Salty to do well but his inability to throw anybody out at 2nd was just a big a problem as his poor hitting.

Do appreciate the update. He's the one player we let go that I haven't really followed since.
            He had better pitch-framing numbers than Realmuto, who was one of the worst in baseball this season.

The decision to let him go looked dumb at the time and time hasn't made it any better. There's almost no justification for a team that cries poor throwing away money like that.
            poop

Comment

Working...
            X