X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jarrod Saltalamacchia Released

Holy shit

- - - - - - - - - -

@JCRMarlinsbeat: #Marlins C Jarrod Saltalamacchia reinstated from paternity list and designated for assignment.

m.twitter.com/JCRMarlinsbeat
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Shocker but not shocked
    STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

I just don't get why now with Mathis out. They'd rather have Solano than Salty? At least wait until Mathis comes back.

- - - - - - - - - -

@JCRMarlinsbeat: #Marlins may have to eat remaining $14.2 million or so on Salty contract, which runs through 2016.

Baffling that they'd rather pay $14M than have him back up Realmuto and play vs RHP
      Originally posted by Madman81
      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Congrats on becoming a father! Now go away! that's rough

Comment

Rough but probably a good thing if I'm in his shoes. Now I can sit home with my baby the next two years and make money, or sign with a team that actually wants me.

- - - - - - - - - -

I'm with MK though. If you're paying that money, might as well let him be a back up while Mathis is out. Instead we're going to go with a guy with a .643 career MILB OPS and .512 OPS so far this year?

- - - - - - - - - -

Wish we still had Barnes

Comment

I don't understand this from the Marlins perspective. I would've liked to have seen if he would've been able to provide some value as a pinch-hitter, and having 3 catchers on the team would not have been a bad thing. It would've allowed us to use Mathis as a defensive replacement late in games without worrying about not having another catcher behind him.

Comment

That's an aaaaaawul lot of faith put into a 24-year-old with a .729 career minor-league OPS and no track record of major-league success. But, c'est la Marlins.
              poop

Comment

Good riddance.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                  That's an aaaaaawul lot of faith put into a 24-year-old with a .729 career minor-league OPS and no track record of major-league success. But, c'est la Marlins.
                  It's also not like he's lighting the world on fire. He's holding his own, no doubt, but he has a .660 OPS atm.

Now I'm afraid they'll overuse him and his body is just going to wear out and then his offensive game gets bad

Comment

At least Realmuto has shown a good approach at the plate and doesn't look lost on a nightly basis. Saltalamacchia is just awful. Good luck to the team that picks him up.

Comment

Saltalamacchia OPSed .681 last year and is OPSing .389 (albeit in limited plate appearances, but still) this year. Now we are going to pretend like we are going to miss him?

Comment

Reasoning has to do with the clubhouse. Seems Salty's crying and bitching about his PT has rubbed alot of guys wrong especially Redmond. There was some talk about keeping him around as the #3 Catcher but used more as LHB on bench/backup 1B however they decided just to get rid of him now then keep hearing him complain

Comment

Originally posted by Valid View Post
                          Saltalamacchia OPSed .681 last year and is OPSing .389 (albeit in limited plate appearances, but still) this year. Now we are going to pretend like we are going to miss him?
                          All 30 teams would take a backup catcher with a .681 OPS.

Comment

I have a problem with a team that constantly cries poor literally throwing away $15 million, and I'm not going to defend it out of some misguided sense of spite. This is a dumb move.

Also, framing it as "Salty vs. Realmuto" is really, really dumb. If you think Salty isn't better than Jhonaton Solano, I don't really know what to say.
                            poop

Comment

Originally posted by Valid View Post
                              I don't get it either. He was terrible here.

Comment

Working...
                              X