No announcement yet.

Jarrod Saltalamacchia Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surprised to hear Red say that about JT. Shots fired instantly. There's SURELY something deeper here if the coach is calling him out like that.

Our bench right now is BBBSS (Baker, Bour, Brigniach, Solano, Solano). Lol. Once Yelich and Mathis return it'll be fine and maybe we upgrade via trade during the season.

Also, report is that Salty is being traded so at least we'll get some (expectedly small) return.
    STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

I think it's clearly not purely a performance issue why he's gone. I'm guessing it was a clubhouse issue.

I'm big on numbers, and I think they tell the story near always, but I'm thinking this is a rare time where they're nullified. I agree with bobbob in that his numbers would probably even out over time. I agree that he's probably a better backup option than Solano or Mathis. (Btw, the pitch framing remark, bobbob, you can go sample size as a counter for that). I'm guessing he's gone because 1) his defense and 2) he's been a problem in the clubhouse.

Comment

I'd have to believe this is Salty becoming a pain behind the scenes and they decided they'd rather not let him be a clubhouse cancer. Team decided listening to him bitch all year wasn't worth the better bench catcher.

As much as I defended Salty as this point it seemed obvious this match up wasn't meant to be. He's a definition of a guy who needs a change of scenery fast.

Comment

Originally posted by McLevin View Post
          (Btw, the pitch framing remark, bobbob, you can go sample size as a counter for that).
          Oh, I'm a pretty vocal critic of the pitch-framing data in general. I'm very skeptical of their utility. I wasn't really trying to prove Salty is better than Realmuto.
          poop

Comment

The Marlins kind of did to Salty what Loria implied he would do to Redmond if the team didn't start winning.

Like Bobbob pointed out, he has a ridic low BABIP this year and he is constantly used improperly by Redmond.

So now we're gonna eat $8 million so Solano can back up Realmuto and Mathis.

This shit is so friggin Marlins, man.

Comment

Just saw the Redmond tweet. Well that makes things pretty clear with how he was perceived behind the scenes.

- - - - - - - - - -

On the plus side we now lead the league in Solano's by a full 2 people.

Comment

All of this commotion over a guy who absolutely sucks and will make no difference in whether or not we make the playoffs this year. They DFA'd a garbage player. I get that the FO has done a fair amount of dumb crap before, but this is a pretty silly battle for us to pick.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by Erick View Post
                - - - - - - - - - -

Seems like they'll end up trading him anyway.
                Yeah. I'm not even sure some people know what DFA'ing is.

Comment

How dare we discuss a transaction on a Marlins message board.

Comment

realmuto's first slump will make for fun times here

Comment

No one's trading for him.

Comment

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                        How dare we discuss a transaction on a Marlins message board.
                        Because that's what I said.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by Mainge View Post
                        No one's trading for him.
                        Probably not, but that doesn't mean the Marlins won't try to strike a deal for him.

Comment

Designating for assignment means a team needed to removed a player immediately from the 40-man roster, but does not necessary know what to do with a player. This gives the organization 10 days to trade, release or attempt to pass the player through waivers. If a player is claimed off waivers, the new team will take on the remainder of the player's contract. If the player is released, the releasing team will have to pay his full contract.
                          LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Sure. Best case scenario we eat the whole contract for an 18 year old C- reliever. But no one's taking that contract when he's going to be released in a few days.

Comment

Originally posted by Valid View Post
                              Because that's what I said.

- - - - - - - - - -

Yeah what you really said was "all this commotion". There is not one person that is up in arms about this move. That doesn't mean it's a good move, even if it'll probably have little impact either way.

- - - - - - - - - -

Sure. Best case scenario we eat the whole contract for an 18 year old C- reliever. But no one's taking that contract when he's going to be released in a few days.
                              Even if they get the team to eat a little bit of the contract it'd be worth it. We'll see.

Comment

Sure. Best case scenario we eat the whole contract for an 18 year old C+ reliever. But no one's taking that contract when he's going to be released in a few days.
                                This. No one will pick him on the waiver wire because that requires paying the remaining contract. No one will trade for him without the whole contract being eaten because of the leaks of how he's a clubhouse cancer and doesn't want to accept a bench role.

Nick I am pissed about this because it forced the Marlins hand. If they had some patience in the whole situation they could get another team to eat 2+ mill of the salary and get a minor league reliever

Comment

Working...
                                X