No announcement yet.

Marlins Offense Comes Up Big Versus Strasburg, Nationals; Win 4th in a Row 8-0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eovaldi has pretty consistently been terrible with runners on base, right?

I can't help but think he's one of those players who DIPS can't properly account for.
    poop

Comment

Speaking of trades that have worked, Bryan Morris continues to do a pretty good job.

Comment

With an upcoming series against the Mets, I have a feeling we are really going to hate the Mets this season. I already foresee the Mets fans being annoying at Marlins Park.
        STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

Have people (not mets fans) started thinking the mets are a serious playoff contender yet?

Comment

Considering they're already 7 games ahead of the two teams that we're supposed to contend for the division, I'd have to say so. I mean it's super early, but 7 game leads are nothing to sneeze at no matter how early.

Comment

And they have a really good top of the rotation. They finished with a better record than the Marlins last year. Of course a slide is coming soon, but I don't think its unreasonable to think they'll be contending for a playoff position all season.
              STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

Originally posted by BigGameFish View Post
                And they have a really good top of the rotation. They finished with a better record than the Marlins last year. Of course a slide is coming soon, but I don't think its unreasonable to think they'll be contending for a playoff position all season.
                To be fair, they finished only two games better than the Marlins and that's only because the season ended for us when Stanton got smashed in the face with a baseball. Those last twenty games were basically all loses.

Comment

HUGHmungo win, fellas.

File this under: Games We Clowned A Team That On Paper Should Have Beat Us.

Mets aren't winning the division. It's April.

April.

Nationals or Marlins are winning the division.

You know I love Ichiro, but does he have the lowest line drive % in team history? I mentioned in the game thread that he's having a career low BABIP so far this season.

BABIP.

- - - - - - - - - -

Forgot to mention....

Hech's bat flip was perfect. I'll tell you why.......

It was better than no bat flip and better than an obnoxious bat flip.

Perfect bat toss distance AND perfect velocity.

I'm not thinging either.

See how he zips out of the box as he bat flips?

Perfect form.

He zipped out of the box because he wasn't 1000% sure it was gone and he didn't want to look like a boob who flips his bat and then ends up flying out to the warning track or hitting a double.

Perfect.Bat.Flip.

Comment

That might be your best post ever.

I thought his bat flip was lacking a little something, but you've won me over.

Comment

PART OF YOUR DREAMS!

PART OF YOUR WORLD!

PART OF YOUR LIFE!
                      STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

Hech: .324 BA and a .353 OBP. Gotta love him.

Comment

He's batting in the 8th spot, what do you expect? He has to swing a lot or else bring up an automatic out.
                          STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

What I expect.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGameFish View Post
                              He's batting in the 8th spot, what do you expect? He has to swing a lot or else bring up an automatic out.
                              Some situations you definitely need to be more aggressive for sure, but him swinging at bad pitches doesn't help anything. A walk is always a good thing.

Comment

Hech has the same amount of walks as our #1 and #2 hitters. Which, I mean, isn't a defense of him.

He's swinging less this season. 48% of pitches this season, down from 54.9%. He's also making contact more often (87.4% up from 83.5%). I think his approach has improved some, but he's never gonna walk.

Comment

Working...
                                X