This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4/25 Nationals @ Marlins - 4:10pm

Bryce Harper and the 7-10 Washington Nationals come to South Florida to take on 2015 National League All-Star Adeiny Hechavarria and the 6-11 Miami Marlins

Stephen Strasburg (1-1, 4.50) vs. Tom Koehler (1-2, 6.75)

Tom Koehler vs. the Nationals: 2-3 4.03 5g 5gs 29ip 22ha 13er 16bb 15k
    Tom Koehler at Marlins Park: 9-12 3.79 34g 27gs 173.1ip 161ha 73er 65bb 139k

Stephen Strasburg vs. the Marlins: 9-5 3.44 19gs 102ip 81ha 39er 32bb 101k
    Stephen Strasburg at Marlins Park: 3-4 5.59 7gs 37ip 39ha 23er 15bb 33k

WPGL

Justin Bour!!! https://twitter.com/Manny_Navarro/st...01287148961792

Comment

How nice would it have been to have Mark Canha still around? Could play 1B/LF for us

Not an allstar or anything but he has played pretty good for Oakland so far

Comment

The depletion of our OF depth this offseason really was hilarious.

Comment

I love that lineup. Sucks Ichiro is in it instead of Yelich. But Oz should be our every day 4th hitter. Morse is a nice 5/6 guy. I would bat Oz 4th, and Yelich 5th when he returns. morse 6th, then Realmuto and Hech. That's a great lineup.

- - - - - - - - - -

Speaking of Canha, looks like most of the young guys we've lost since last season have gotten off to nice starts this season - Canha, Desclafani, Marisnick, and I feel like I'm missing 1 or 2 more.

Also (random side note), Alejandro De Aza has gone on to have a nice career. I never really thought much of him while he was on our team but he's built a consistent starting role
          STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

Originally posted by nny View Post
            The depletion of our OF depth this offseason really was hilarious.
            I don't think there is or was any reason to be worried about the OF depth. They went out and signed a Ichiro as a backup. When you consider the larger aspect that the organizational depth for essentially every position sucks, it's a problem.

Comment

And it just seemed only a year ago that we were pretty loaded in all areas of depth. Really makes you think that this team MUST be successful in order to justify what has been done to the farm
              STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

Originally posted by BigGameFish View Post
                I love that lineup. Sucks Ichiro is in it instead of Yelich. But Oz should be our every day 4th hitter. Morse is a nice 5/6 guy. I would bat Oz 4th, and Yelich 5th when he returns. morse 6th, then Realmuto and Hech. That's a great lineup.

- - - - - - - - - -

Speaking of Canha, looks like most of the young guys we've lost since last season have gotten off to nice starts this season - Canha, Desclafani, Marisnick, and I feel like I'm missing 1 or 2 more.

Also (random side note), Alejandro De Aza has gone on to have a nice career. I never really thought much of him while he was on our team but he's built a consistent starting role
                Heaney is the only person I can think of that has gotten off to a poor start but that's just at first glance. Guy has a 2.03 FIP and 12.46 K/9 over 3 starts in AAA.

Comment

Originally posted by jay576 View Post
                  I don't think there is or was any reason to be worried about the OF depth. They went out and signed a Ichiro as a backup. When you consider the larger aspect that the organizational depth for essentially every position sucks, it's a problem.
                  Yes, the depletion of ALL our depth was equally hilarious.

But letting two RH power bats (Jensen and Canha) go for nothing was silly. No, they're not regulars. But they are solid 5th OF, and 5th OFers get time played in the majors.

We're in a position right now where Solano is our back up OFer.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by BigGameFish View Post

- - - - - - - - - -

Eovaldi is also doing really well.

Kike is doing terrible in AAA though and Chris Hatches has an ERA over 10 (but also a 1.36 FIP)

Comment

Hitters hitting .343 off Eovaldi, whip over 1.6. He's getting lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by nny View Post
                      Yes, the depletion of ALL our depth was equally hilarious.

But letting two RH power bats (Jensen and Canha) go for nothing was silly. No, they're not regulars. But they are solid 5th OF, and 5th OFers get time played in the majors.

We're in a position right now where Solano is our back up OFer.
                      According to the official website depth chart, it's Baker and Brignac. But I see your point.

Canha and Jensen left as minor league free agents or rule v draft? Both ways could have been prevented by placing them on the 40-man? I agree one of them probably should have been kept but I'm not going to dig up the 40-man from then and see who should have been left off.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by HUGG View Post
                      Hitters hitting .343 off Eovaldi, whip over 1.6. He's getting lucky.
                      The one trade that made sense to me this offseason.

Comment

Well, .411 babip, so nevermind.

Still not too high on him.

We definitely should have protected Canha. Indifferent on Jensen.

Comment

Despite how great he's been, getting real fucking tired of Dee making outs on the bases.

Comment

I don't think he's that good at getting jumps on steals.

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
                              I don't think he's that good.
                              fixed.

Comment

Working...
                              X