Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postgame: Best MIF In Baseball Leads Marlins To 3-2 Win Over Nationals

3 in a row, guys!

Wikipedia has the paternity leave list giving up to 1-3 games away from the time. So Salty could be back anytime between tomorrow and monday. This is really important. If Redmond starts Realmuto tomorrow, he'll give him sunday off against Gio which is great if Solano is still with the team as he's far better against lefties but if Salty is back with the team it's an automatic out for the nats. Can the team just say to Salty not to return until monday?

- - - - - - - - - -

I guess it's a 4 pm and then 1pm start which makes it less of a certainty Realmuto will be given a day off but with the next off day thursday makes sense to give him a day off.

Comment

Hech!

I'm just gonna enjoy it while it's happening and not be upset or surprised when it turns into a pumpkin
      poop

Comment

I don't think anyone will be surprised, bobbob.

Comment

I think zero people on the board would be surprised when Hech's OPS is .605 the entire 2nd half.

.364 BAPIP is helping the .791 OPS but it's not a Cuddyerish BABIP.

This team is gonna go on a heater. Like win 8 of 12 type heater.
          Last edited by Namaste; 04-24-2015, 10:44 PM.

Comment

All I want is 27 wins after 54 games. Being 27-27 with 2/3 of the season left is fine, especially after that start. That's 21-16 in the next 37.

Comment

If we're .500 even after 100 games I will be happy

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
              I think zero people on the board would be surprised when Hech's OPS is .605 the entire 2nd half.
              I would be. He's been getting better as a hitter each month to two months since he first started for us. He's still so young. And he has a great swing. I don't think he'll ever hit for a high SLUG, but I think he is a .700 OPS hitter
              STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

With a .700 OPS Erick Aybar was 9th out of 22 in OPS of qualified shortstops in the majors in 2014. Hanley Ramirez was first with .817 OPS in 2014. .669 was league average. 700 OPS from Hech would be great this season.

Comment

Originally posted by HUGG View Post
                  All I want is 27 wins after 54 games. Being 27-27 with 2/3 of the season left is fine, especially after that start. That's 21-16 in the next 37.
                  Yeah, definitely. .500 without Jose and a good chunk without Alvarez* and Yelich and I'd believe this team could finish in the playoff race.

*plz don't JJ this season

Comment

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                    This team is gonna go on a heater. Like win 8 of 12 type heater.

This literally saved the season.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGameFish View Post
                      If we're .500 even after 100 games I will be happy

- - - - - - - - - -

I would be. He's been getting better as a hitter each month to two months since he first started for us. He's still so young. And he has a great swing. I don't think he'll ever hit for a high SLUG, but I think he is a .700 OPS hitter
                      Based on what we've seen this season, the only real difference right now is the slugging.

So, if you don't believe in the slugging increase, you don't believe in Hech.
                      poop

Comment

Yeah the fact that he's put two in the seats is by far the most encouraging thing about Hech's current hot streak.

Comment

Adeiny Hanleyvarria

Comment

I wish MLB would release the Statcast data. There's very limited batted ball data out there, and I'd like to know if he's just gotten a bit lucky with his homers and XBH, or if he's actually hitting the ball harder.
                            poop

Comment

Originally posted by thatnewguy View Post

This literally saved the season.
                              we were already ahead in the game

Comment

Working...
                              X