Arturo Rodriguez, C/3B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greensboro: Arturo Rodriguez, C/3B

We signed Arturo Rodriguez from the Mexican League. He turned 23 in November, plays C/1B/3B and hit .379/.421/.618 this year in Mexico.

Also, he's fat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E75vfE-DKL4
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ig8mNsBjxgY

I hope he makes it. We haven't had a good fat guy in a while.
    --------------------
    he hit .259/.315/.401 in 162ab in the winter league, so that's promising
    Last edited by HUGG; 01-10-2015, 08:11 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Arturo Rodriguez, C/3B

Saw this kid at today's game and came away really impressed. We signed him in January from the Mexican leagues, reportedly high 6 or low 7 figures. He's huge. Built like Miggy and reminded both me and my buddy of him. Slow as hell but he can hit. Got 2 singles today but has a nice approach at the plate. Listed as a catcher but played 3B today. Despite being big and slow he made some nice stabs and running throws and showed a good arm. Really like the dude.

- - - - - - - - - -

No idea why the pics posted upside down from my phone. I'll fix them when I get home.
    Attached Files
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

He's 23 and played in the Mexican league which is supposed to be like AAA. Why is he in Greensboro?

Comment

Not really sure, and all the articles from when he signed said he'd start at Jupiter. I have a feeling they'll move him up quickly. He looks 10 times bigger than the other guys on the field (besides Kolek).
        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Of8kY_IbYq4

Comment

It's another indicator of a problem in the FO. If the Mexican league is AAA level and he posted a OPS of 1.025 in 351 ABs there last year why would he be placed in A ball. It just makes no sense especially when you consider the finances which indicate they think he could be a contributor in the majors at some point and he isn't just minor league filler.

Comment

Mexican League isn't really AAA caliber though. It's classified that way, but it's totally different. Anyway, he's probably just getting his feet wet before moving up.

He's hitting .415/.457/.537, he won't be there long.

Comment

Ya he is destroying Low A pitching so probably won't be around to long. Been Catching and playing 1B

Austen Smith and him are crushing the ball but both are way to old for the league. It is like Carlos Lopez last year-looked great but was 24,he should have been up in Jax doing that

Comment

Originally posted by HUGG View Post
                  Mexican League isn't really AAA caliber though. It's classified that way, but it's totally different. Anyway, he's probably just getting his feet wet before moving up.

He's hitting .415/.457/.537, he won't be there long.
                  I thought the Mexican league isn't really AAA caliber but I'd assume it wouldn't be classified that way if it's caliber is low-A ball. Getting his feet wet at a low level makes no sense unless they have some assets for spanish speakers that are not available at the higher levels.

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                    Ya he is destroying Low A pitching so probably won't be around to long. Been Catching and playing 1B

Austen Smith and him are crushing the ball but both are way to old for the league. It is like Carlos Lopez last year-looked great but was 24,he should have been up in Jax doing that
                    Was this his first game playing 3B? He was on the roster as a C. Like I said he looked pretty good, made a few nice plays and definitely has a strong arm. Gotta think he ends up at 1B, I think he's too big to stay a catcher and too slow to stick at 3B.

Smith looked good today as well, was kind of bummed I didn't get to see Twine.

Comment

Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                      Was this his first game playing 3B? He was on the roster as a C. Like I said he looked pretty good, made a few nice plays and definitely has a strong arm. Gotta think he ends up at 1B, I think he's too big to stay a catcher and too slow to stick at 3B.

Smith looked good today as well, was kind of bummed I didn't get to see Twine.
                      Yeah he's only played C/1B according to http://www.baseball-reference.com/mi...=bgl&year=2015

Comment

Sickels had him #13 in our system.

13) Arturo Rodriguez, C, Grade C+: Age 23, signed out of Mexican League where he hit .373/.414/.611 with 15 homers, 20 walks, 50 strikeouts in 324 at-bats for Tijuana, threw out 40% of runners. Very interesting player, this grade and ranking are a placeholder really until we see what he can do this spring. Mexican League is officially classified as Triple-A but is more of a High-A/weak Double-A league strongly tilted to offense.
                        http://www.minorleagueball.com/2015/...pects-for-2015

Comment

If I had to redo my top 10 list I'd put him in my top 10 solely from seeing him today.

Comment

April: .406/.453/.609
                            Since: .247/.292/.344

he'll be back in Mexico next season

Comment

Reminds me of somebody.
                              Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                              Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                              Noah Perio
                              Jupiter
                              39 AB
                              15 H
                              0 2B
                              0 3B
                              0 HR
                              0 BB
                              .385/.385/.385

Comment

Working...
                              X