No announcement yet.

Marlins Lose 5th Straight After Loss to Phillies, 3-7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes the starting pitching is horrible and the bullpen is underperforming. But this is exactly why when you have limited finances you shouldn't have a relief pitcher who makes over a million dollars.

Comment

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
      Ozuna has looked pretty bad in CF this year. I know I said this in the game thread, but his effort on that Howard home run was pathetic.
      You can't really say that someone should've robbed a home run but...fuck it, I'll say it. He should've robbed that home run.

Originally posted by jay576 View Post
      Yes the starting pitching is horrible and the bullpen is underperforming. But this is exactly why when you have limited finances you shouldn't have a relief pitcher who makes over a million dollars.
      And we have two...oh boy.

Comment

Valdespin is coming.

Ichiro is swinging the bat better now than Yelich so this move won't hurt too bad

Comment

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
          Ozuna has looked pretty bad in CF this year. I know I said this in the game thread, but his effort on that Howard home run was pathetic.
          It maybe lack of effort but chances are he can't hand center long term and the corner are locked up with better players imo. Trading ozuna over the offseason to aquire a young top of the rotation pitcher made a lot of sense.

Comment

Ozuna lacked FIRE tonight.

We need GRINDERS.

He should have maybe caught that, though.

Comment

I keep him simply because power is at a premium at this point in baseball and I don't see the Marlins getting something that will make up for that lack of production--even if he isn't giving us much of that now.

Comment

Originally posted by thatnewguy View Post
                I keep him simply because power is at a premium at this point in baseball and I don't see the Marlins getting something that will make up for that lack of production--even if he isn't giving us much of that now.
                Power being at a premium means people will overpay for him.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by thatnewguy View Post
                You can't really say that someone should've robbed a home run but...fuck it, I'll say it. He should've robbed that home run.

And we have two...oh boy.
                I count 5 according to sportstrac

Comment

Cishek, Dunn, and who are the other 3? They must just be slightly over $1 million?

Comment

I said 1 million originally and yes they are marginally over but masset Phelps and crow

Comment

Loria needed to pony up for Shields this offseason. I think getting rid of Ozuna is stupid when we don't have anyone to replace him. It's only been a few weeks into the season and he's look fine in CF and decent as anyone else on the team at the plate. He has a cannon for an arm and has power and decent speed. Like everyone is saying, offense and defense is not the problem. Our rotation and pen are horrible and severely lacking in talent.
                      STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

Also the salary of the bench is Stupid. Kelly is making 1.25. Rather pay d-train to learn to catch and bring some fire to the team

Comment

Though I guess it's not fair to say the hitting hasn't at all been the problem. Situational hiring has been horrible and without looking at the stats it seems we have been striking out a lot

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by jay576 View Post
                          Also the salary of the bench is Stupid. Kelly is making 1.25. Rather pay d-train to learn to catch and bring some fire to the team
                          Dontrelle should coach.

- - - - - - - - - -

As much as I think firing Red accomplishes nothing and none of this is really his fault, it would be nice to have a coach with more significant coaching experience than he has

- - - - - - - - - -

How is it determined whether a guy goes to the DL? A majority vote? Someone has the final word? Red makes the decisions without discussing it with others? And do you think it was Red's decision to let Yelich play for the past week? Whoever made that decision was not thinking straight.
                          STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

Shouldn't have played versus the Mets. Could've retroactived him back to Tuesday and give him the week off rather than losing him for two.

Comment

Red makes poor decisions I like him but he's a bad coach. Red sets the lineup s he could have sat him regardless. I believe plyers have a significant say in how much they play in situations like this. I would think a dl move would be a gm decision

- - - - - - - - - -

I still don't understand why Dontrelle never got moved to a position player after he lost control

Comment

So with Valdespin coming up, who gets booted off the 40? Masset after one game?
                                LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Working...
                                X