Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postgame: Marlins Lose 5th Straight After Loss to Phillies, 3-7

We're doomed!

Hey guys, we out hit the team we lost to again.

The good: Stanton, Ichiro.

The bad: 8 games out of 1st place on April 21st.

Comment

This team is so bad.

At least Saltalamacchia doesn't start anymore.

Comment

Barry Jackson's Sports Buzz:

"### So it's 3-11 for the Marlins now after a 7-3 loss in Philadelphia tonight, and as our Clark Spencer reported, we've heard everything has been discussed --- from roster changes to coaching staff changes to a managerial change. If this continues, there will be changes. The only question is how soon.

Jeffrey Loria, whose patience is wearing thin, declined to give Redmond a public vote of confidence before the game.

"It's been tough; we had a lead and couldn't hold it," Redmond said of tonight's latest implosion by his pitching staff. (Dan Haren gave up four runs, Mike Dunn three in relief.)

"Literally all the runs I've given up this year have been on home runs," Haren said. "It's been a problem for me."... Christian Yelich expects to remain sidelined for a few days with back problems.

### Beyond general dissatisfaction with catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia, the Marlins also haven’t been pleased with center fielder Marcell Ozuna, according to a team official.

Besides starting slowly offensively (he's rebounded a bit and is at .262 now), Ozuna is running to first base more slowly than last season (causing some internally to believe he could be in better shape), made a recent mindless defensive gaffe that irritated Marlins people and was benched a game for tardiness."
        STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
          Hey guys, we out hit the team we lost to again.
          I'd be interested to see some cluster luck data, because it feels like the Marlins have had not much of that kind of luck.

- - - - - - - - - -

"Best outfield in baseball!"

Ozuna is going to get sent down within the next 5 days, isn't he
          poop

Comment

What's really bugging about the offense is that no one is really hitting bad enough to sit now that Salty is out of the order. It's really the starting pitching that's screwing us. In a league that's dominated by pitching, what we have just isn't good enough
            STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

When do we hit the reset button to try again next year. wouldn't be opposed to trading ozuna if it brings back the right piece.

Comment

At some point, you have to assume the bullpen will be better.
                poop

Comment

Originally posted by jay576 View Post
                  When do we hit the reset button to try again next year. wouldn't be opposed to trading ozuna if it brings back the right piece.
                  It's getting to the point that it doesn't matter how many times they reset. Nothing will get better when you work within the margins this team does payroll wise in this day and age. And it's way more significant now since the minor league system is lacking.

Comment

You cannot skimp on the payroll and have a shit farm system. That's why we suck and will until we fix that.

Comment

I don't believe it's the payroll constraints holding the club back but the organizational philosophy

Comment

I don't believe it's the payroll constraints holding the club back but the organizational philosophy
                        Payroll constraints are part of the organizational philosophy. But I see your point, especially since they spent $110 million four years ago and sucked then too.

Comment

Teams can put together good teams on limited budgets. Yes it makes things that much harder but the organization sucks because they value things that they shouldn't and refuse to do things they should.

Comment

But it is the pitching killing us. Consider this. Since the Sunday loss against the Rays, the Marlins have scored at least three runs all but twice. That's nine games, and the Marlins record in those nine games are 2-7. I don't know the actual stats and I'm too lazy to research them but I can guarantee that the winning percentage of teams that score 3+ runs in a game are better than .222. The fact is, the Marlins have had their bats more or less wake up over the past week. They are outhitting opponents again and again and again and it's not as if they aren't scoring those hitters. Yes, it would be nice to see 8 runs of 11 hits rather than 4 or 5 runs but it doesn't matter how many hits you give up if your pitching staff has an ERA over 5. The Marlins have scored at 3 runs in 7 of their last 9 games, but have given up 4 in every loss of that stretch. Bottom line, if you can't pitch, you don't win. Plain and simple.

- - - - - - - - - -

Teams can put together good teams on limited budgets. Yes it makes things that much harder but the organization sucks because they value things that they shouldn't and refuse to do things they should.
                            They can, but it makes the margin for error a lot smaller if you can only afford to put together a team on a $60-70 million budget rather than a $100 million budget. Add that in with what you say, which is a clear and obvious lack of organizational intelligence, and you get fuck ups. And this team has had a lot of those.

Comment

Ozuna has looked pretty bad in CF this year. I know I said this in the game thread, but his effort on that Howard home run was pathetic.

Comment

Working...
                              X