• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Semantics
    STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

Better question is who the hell is Marlon Anderson?

- - - - - - - - - -

OH, it's THAT Marlon Anderson!

Comment

Barry Jackson's Sports Buzz:

"### The Marlins won 6-1 in Philadelphia tonight to snap a five-game skid and raise their record to 4-11. If the Marlins make a managerial change, figure on them looking at candidates with big-league managerial experience.

So who’s available?

Besides 71-year-old Charlie Manuel (who stepped aside from the Phillies after 2013), we would point to Dusty Baker and Ron Gardenhire, who both have winning career records, as probably having the best resumes of those realistically available if you do not include some of the great retired managers such as Tigers special assistant Jim Leyland or Diamondbacks executive Tony LaRussa, neither of whom has publicly indicated any inclination to manage again. Jeffrey Loria always has been fascinated by Bobby Valentine.

Jack McKeon, at 84, presumably is not walking through that door.

Among others available: Eric Wedge, Manny Acta, Kirk Gibson and Jim Tracy."
        STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

So all terrible options. Just stick with Redmond, for Christ's sake.

Comment

Fucking kill me if we hire Dusty Baker

Comment

We should hire Marlon Anderson.

Comment

I mean, we're not hiring any of those guys. Barry Jackson is literally just naming retired or fired managers who have experience. We don't like managers who have experience very much. McKeon and Guillen are it, Guillen was a disaster and McKeon was a special case. Managers with experience cost money and Loria can't mold them in His Holy Image.
                Originally posted by Madman81
                Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by Mainge View Post
                  Fucking kill me if we hire Dusty Baker
                  Kill me too. And add Kirk Gibson, Tony LaRussa and Charlie Manuel to my Kill Me list.

Comment

MIAMI -- With the Marlins on a five-game winning streak a week after stories surfaced indicating manager Mike Redmond may be on the hot seat, team owner Jeffrey Loria gave Redmond his first public endorsement Sunday.

Speaking to CBSSports.com after the Marlins defeated the Nationals 6-2 to win, Loria said of Redmond, "He's the manager. Period. All teams go through bad moments. Ours came early."

Loria also offered praise for Redmond, whose team is 8-11 now after starting 3-11. "He did a very nice job last year, and he works hard."

Loria remained mostly silent after the Miami Herald reported Redmond "might be on the hot seat," when the Marlins were 3-10. Loria's lack of comments may have lended credence to the report, and a couple days later, when his team fell to 3-11, he told ESPN.com, "We've got to win games."

Word is, Loria was quite unhappy with the sweep by the Mets in New York a week ago. The Marlins signed Giancarlo Stanton to a record $325 million contract in the winter and surrounded him with new veterans, including Martin Prado, Michael Morse, Dan Haren, Mat Latos, Ichiro Suzuki and Dee Gordon.

When it was suggested Loria was said not to be happy with the start, he responded, "Who could be? Nobody on the team was thrilled."

However, Loria insisted Sunday that there was no serious discussion among team higher-ups about changing managers. Furthermore, Loria refuted the notion of Wally Backman being considered as a potential replacement, as mentioned in the first report, saying he didn't know Backman at all. That jibes with a report by Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com that Backman isn't on the Marlins' radar.

Loria is well-known for not being extremely patient with managers. His best move actually may have been firing Jeff Torborg on Mother's Day in 2003 and replacing him with Jack McKeon, who went on to guide the team to the World Series title. Loria also fired Fredi Gonzalez in June 2010, and replaced him with Edwin Rodriguez, and he fired Joe Girardi and Ozzzie Guillen after one season.

Redmond was given an extension through 2017 on the final day of the 2014 season.
                    http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/writer/...manager-period

Comment

So, "he's the manager. Period." Afffffttttteerrrrrrr a 5 game win streak.

This guy is fucking unbelievable.

Comment

He should post here, he'd fit right in with us.

Comment

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                          So, "he's the manager. Period." Afffffttttteerrrrrrr a 5 game win streak.

This guy is fucking unbelievable.
                          My thoughts exactly. I think Loria/Samson and company are just in their own little world, where the shit they do only makes sense to them.

Comment

The thing about this that makes NO sense is why is the owner calling for the manager's head? Sit in the office look at your art and right the checks. The players(except Salty) love the guy,the coaches love him and most of all the FO loves him.

Loria needs to get over the fact that he is NOT Jerry Jones. He wants to make baseball decisions even tho he has no clue about it

Comment

He thinks he's George Steinbrenner except Steinbrenner spent $60 million on teams in the 1970s, not in the 2010s.

Comment

Working...
                              X