Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postgame: Despite Late Rally, Marlins Fall to the Mets 4-5

Yuck.

I don't think Salty is going to be playing much anymore.

No amount of safety is worth that Alex Torres hat, amirite?

Comment

No team is further out of first place in their division than the Marlins.

Yay!!!!!!

Comment

We ephing did it

Daft, should I see about getting our deposit for renting the Clevelander out for game 1 of the WS back? Or do you want to handle it? Call me on the landline

Comment

The more this continues, the more I think that this is just a bad team. I mean, we're making the Mets and Braves and Rays look like juggernauts when they are all average teams at best.

Comment

The umpiring was especially bad in this one, thank god for replay but Hech still could've scored an extra run. And just as the new guys get going, Yelich and Ozuna slump. Four runs with nothing from Stanton and Yelich isn't that bad, but this game was way uglier than the box score

Comment

This is the line we walk when we're dead last in payroll. Alvarez injury, slow start from Latos, and just like that the rotation is very bad.

We pretty much had no margin for error and we error'd. Obviously season isn't over, but the hole that we have to climb out of is getting bigger and bigger.
              Last edited by Mainge; 04-19-2015, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Rotation has been pretty bad overall. No one dominating with strikeouts. Giving up lots of home runs. I know we have fb and gb pitchers so if the defense slumps there's trouble too. Seems like no one can make it into the 7th either, maybe they're having trouble facing the lineup the 3rd-4th time. Could that be because of bad calls by the catcher?

Comment

What did Salty do this game?

Latos's line actually looks pretty good, but he got pulled at only 75 pitches. Did he not actually look all that good?

- - - - - - - - - -

I'm kinda at a point where it's like YOLO and call up Nicolino and see what he's got. What, he's going to be worse than Phelps?

Comment

Originally posted by nny View Post
                    What did Salty do this game?

Latos's line actually looks pretty good, but he got pulled at only 75 pitches. Did he not actually look all that good?

- - - - - - - - - -

I'm kinda at a point where it's like YOLO and call up Nicolino and see what he's got. What, he's going to be worse than Phelps?
                    Salty was incapable of making a routine throw to first base on two instances when fielding slow hit balls in front of the plate. Morse saved his ass.

Comment

At least Tommy didn't mention how smart Latos is despite his tattoos?
                      Originally posted by Madman81
                      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by Mainge View Post
                        This is the line we walk when we're dead last in payroll. Alvarez injury, slow start from Latos, and just like that the rotation is very bad.

We pretty much had no margin for error and we error'd. Obviously season isn't over, but that's the hole that we have to climb out of is getting bigger and bigger.
                        Yeeeeeeeeeeep
                        poop

Comment

Though we're in a big (shit filled) hole right now, I don't think the team is too far from turning it around. Yelich's horrible start has really killed the offense. While Gordon is consistently getting on base in front of Stanton, Yelich isn't. And furthermore, as we saw last season, our offense ebbs and flows with Stanton's game. When he's hot we're usually winning. And he hasn't had more than 2 to 3 good games so far. It sucks that we don't have another hitter than can carry the offense. That could be the thing that kills us this season. Only incredible pitching can save us from that reality, and so far the pitching has been FAR from good enough.
                          STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

Originally posted by BigGameFish View Post
                            Though we're in a big (shit filled) hole right now, I don't think the team is too far from turning it around. Yelich's horrible start has really killed the offense. While Gordon is consistently getting on base in front of Stanton, Yelich isn't. And furthermore, as we saw last season, our offense ebbs and flows with Stanton's game. When he's hot we're usually winning. And he hasn't had more than 2 to 3 good games so far. It sucks that we don't have another hitter than can carry the offense. That could be the thing that kills us this season. Only incredible pitching can save us from that reality, and so far the pitching has been FAR from good enough.
                            The pitching has been far from good enough because the pitching is far from good enough.

Comment

Working...
                            X