Giancarlo Stanton Questions Marlins' Drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giancarlo Stanton Questions Marlins' Drive

NEW YORK (AP) — Giancarlo Stanton took little pleasure in matching a mark held by Hank Aaron and Ryan Howard.

Stanton tied the two sluggers by homering against the Mets for a fifth straight game, but the Marlins had little other success against Bartolo Colon in a 4-1 loss to New York on Friday night that dropped Miami to 3-8.

Expecting big things after signing a record $325 million, 13-year contract in the offseason and watching the team make several changes, Stanton saved his biggest hit until after the Marlins' second straight loss to the Mets.

"We are not giving ourselves a chance it feels like," he said. "We have a positive vibe but the fire is not there, it seems like."
    Really think if they don't turn it around soon Redmond gets canned, extension or not. These statements may seem innocuous but given the way Loria handles managers...

http://thegardenisland.com/sports_wi...539a75152.html
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

I agree. If they win 2 of their next 10 games, Redmond will be "grinding" someplace other than Miami. They'll replace him with another boob who uses John Baker and Salty incorrectly.

Comment

I want Redmond fired while Andy Haines (NO Manager) is still in our organization. Baseball America Best Managerial Prospect in his league twice now. Very highly regarded. Want him getting the big job before we lose him.

Gonna be pissed if (when) we fire Resmond and go with someone other than Haines

Comment

I've wanted Redmond gone for a while but it's kind of a hollow issue to me since the person they'll replace him with is probably going to be another yes man that goes along with the organization's philosophy.

Comment

Originally posted by HUGG View Post
          I want Redmond fired while Andy Haines (NO Manager) is still in our organization. Baseball America Best Managerial Prospect in his league twice now. Very highly regarded. Want him getting the big job before we lose him.

Gonna be pissed if (when) we fire Resmond and go with someone other than Haines
          0 chance it'll be Haines

It would be Rob Leary as an interim manager, then they'd either stick someone relatively low level in there, or go with a hire that has been a manager before (Eric Wedge or Jim Riggleman type) who would gladly take another MLB job. Other than Edwin this organization has never promoted from within minor league managerial ranks, right? Fredi worked his way up but we hired him away from Atlanta.

- - - - - - - - - -

Still kinda miffed they let Joe Espada go.
          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

[tweet]589472568807141381[/tweet]

Comment

Thanks Dee.

Comment

3-8 and facing a weekend of deGrom and Harvey.

Comment

Working...
                X