No announcement yet.

April 2015 MLB Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaking of former Marlins, Matt Dominguez is hitting .213/.255/.298.

In Triple-A...
    LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

And Carlos Lee is hitting....

Nowhere.

If Dominguez never makes the major leagues again we still lost that trade. Even if it's not a problem now, trading away Hanley and Dominguez back to back with nobody left as a contingency plan just to get Lee was stupid. It led to a year of Placido Polanco which was worse than anything we could've ever imagined.

Comment

We lost the trade, but still...man, he sucks. .215/.256/.330 last season. -1.6 bWAR, -2.1 fWAR. lolololololol

2013 Placido Polanco is preferable to that. He was the worst position player in baseball last season. By a wide margin.

also turned out to be overrated defensively

Like I don't think we should let us losing that trade detract from how terrible Matt Dominguez is.

- - - - - - - - - -

We signed Casey McGehee last off-season, who we wouldn't have signed because we'd have stubbornly kept running Dominguez out there like we do, and he was worth 1.4 fWAR last season.

So, really, indirectly, that trade made us 3.5 wins better last season.

Comment

Originally posted by dim View Post

If Dominguez never makes the major leagues again we still lost that trade.

I'm not seeing how we lost that trade. Explain it to me again.

Comment

Carlos Lee was useless, mostly.

------

Adam Wainwright's season likely over with an Achilles injury
            poop

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
              Carlos Lee was useless, mostly
              Useless like Matt Dominguez or a different kind of useless?

Comment

We traded a guy who had a (small) chance to be useful for a guy who had no chance to be useful. In a lost season.

It was dumb.

Comment

We gave up something bad and got something bad. It was just bad for everyone.

Comment

Sure. But it's a trade that we had no chance of winning. Process over results and stuff.

Comment

It was a dumb trade and Matt Dominguez sucks.

Comment

Mets have 4 errors already tonight.

#Lolmets

Comment

I can't be the only one that hates ESPN's strike zone box, right? Just use it like FoxTrax, that shit is distracting during live play.

- - - - - - - - - -

Also, Yankees used Dellin Betances in the 8th who was absolutely filthy, and then Andrew Miller is in for the 9th. WTF? He can't be their closer, right?

Comment

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                            I can't be the only one that hates ESPN's strike zone box, right? Just use it like FoxTrax, that shit is distracting during live play.

- - - - - - - - - -

Also, Yankees used Dellin Betances in the 8th who was absolutely filthy, and then Andrew Miller is in for the 9th. WTF? He can't be their closer, right?
                            Miller has been really dominate as a RP. Also Betances has recently been getting back into form but he was a disaster during spring and like the first week of the season. He had lost significant velocity on his fastball.

Comment

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                              He isn't listed it on the depth chart yet but he's already logged 6 saves this season.
                              Also if you aren't aware of his 2014 season 14.87 k/9, 2.45bb/9 and 1.51fip.

Comment

I knew Miller had been good as a reliever, I didn't think he'd been that good.

Comment

Working...
                                X