No announcement yet.

April 2015 MLB Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's only appropriate that DeSclafani is pitching extremely well to start his season.

Comment

Addison Russell being called up by the Cubbies. I miss the days of us having a strong farm system to look forward to.

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
        It's only appropriate that DeSclafani is pitching extremely well to start his season.
        While it was a small sample size, he did have a 3.77 FIP last year and all his peripherals are similar so far.

Now just a question if he can keep it up.

Comment

Dontrelle Willis is now an analyst for Fox Sports One.
          Last edited by Miamarlin21; 04-21-2015, 09:40 PM.
          LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Bryan Price has an all time epic meltdown.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/reds...reds/26101107/

Comment

Statcast was fun sometimes during last nights Nats game but there were other times where it was like, "ok, please stop cause this is information overload."

Comment

My question is whether all this data being collected will be made available in a database somewhere, like NBA has done with SportsVU/Synergy. It's added a whole other level of potential analysis.
                poop

Comment

Thoughts?
                  LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

I can't wrap my head around how viewers of the world series is down 50% from 20 years ago but tv deals have exploded.

Overall found it entertaining commentary

Comment

Because the viewer demographic that does watch has $$$$.

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
                        Because the viewer demographic that does watch has $$$$.
                        He doesn't describe the viewer demographics. For all we know it could be a lot of minorities who just can't afford to go to games especially playoff games. Also he talked about league demographics changing for African Americans but not for Asians or Hispanics. I'd expect both those groups have been on the rise in that time spread.

It could also be that they don't have the open space to play baseball compared to football or basketball in urban areas. There could be a lot of factors causing this.

The historically black colleges baseball team stuff is absurd but what conference are they playing in and are they doing it to remain competitive. I have a huge gripe with college sports system.

Comment

I was just referencing your comment. I didn't watch the Chris Rock video yet.

- - - - - - - - - -

But in regards to my comment. There was a study that the majority of viewers for the World Series was between the age of like 35-50 years old or something like that. I'd need to look it up after work.

Comment

He says average viewer age was 53 years old in the video.

Comment

Sports in general are rolling in $$$ right now.

Comment

He also talked about little league participation down. I'm wondering about overall youth sports involvement being down or if they're are more options out there for kids to choose from. I should talk to my friends in the sports administration program and convince them to do this research.

Comment

Working...
                                X