April 2015 MLB Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
    I knew Miller had been good as a reliever, I didn't think he'd been that good.
    His walk rate last year was probably a fluke. It's above 4 now and was above 4 in 13 and 12

Comment

It's true.

He's the Yankees closer.

Comment

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
        I can't be the only one that hates ESPN's strike zone box, right? Just use it like FoxTrax, that shit is distracting during live play.
        It's terrible and is going to be there for the rest of the season. I mean who the fuck thought that was a good idea?

Comment

Originally posted by thatnewguy View Post
          It's terrible and is going to be there for the rest of the season. I mean who the fuck thought that was a good idea?
          I guess it's good the Marlins never play on ESPN?

Comment

So, that Statcast data is available at BaseballSavant.com. It's not 100 percent complete, but it should end up being pretty useful. I've already done some digging, here's a scatter plot showing the relationship between BABIP and batted-ball velocity for starting pitchers so far this season:

Obviously, the more hard-hit balls a pitcher allows, the higher BABIP they allow. It's not exactly the most enlightening conclusion in the world, but it's nice to know that reality matches up to our assumptions in a verifiable way, and that we have the ability to verify it now.
            poop

Comment

That r-squared is pretty low. I know you're just examining the relationship between the two but you should add other variables into the model to improve it.

Comment

Uggla 3r HR in the 9th to give Nats 13-12 lead in Atlanta.

Braves are still paying him

Comment

He has a single, a triple and a HR along with 5 RBI tonight against them.

Comment

I wonder if they know his name.

Comment

• I like it's April still, he did all that, and yet he's still hitting .190

Comment

• I really love that the Braves blew a 9 run lead at home.

My personal MLB highlight so far this season.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by HUGG View Post
                        Uggla 3r HR in the 9th to give Nats 13-12 lead in Atlanta.

On an 0-2 count.

Comment

• Uggla, the Braves highest paid players, beat the Atlanta Braves. Nothing different from the past four years, I guess.

Comment

• Logan Morrisons OPS: .391

Comment

• Teams with an 8 run lead are 1,031-6 in the last 1,037 games where a situation like that has taken place. That's a .994 winning percentage. It was only 5 losses before last night.

Comment

• Mike Jacobs is opsing .894 in mexico.

Comment

Working...
                                X