• Show
Clear All

it's down in baseball, football, basketball, soccer. up in hockey

baseball has the biggest drop though

Comment

Originally posted by HUGG View Post
      it's down in baseball, football, basketball, soccer. up in hockey

baseball has the biggest drop though
      I'm surprised to hear it's up in hockey with how hard I always hear it is to get rink time but they're are probably more facilities than 10-20 years ago so they can meet a larger demand.

Are youth today overall less active? Do they participate in less extracurricular activities overall? This is some important shit.

Comment

hockey is up, for one, because there's more NHL teams in the US now, so most of the growth is in those markets

Comment

Reason sports are rolling in $$$, especially from TV deals, is the rise of things like tivo and streaming services. Sports are one of the last few things people watch live. Which makes commercials cost a LOT more since they actually get watched.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by HUGG View Post
              I imagine him yelling "I'm going to eat you!" as he runs at him.

Comment

Man, Yordano Ventura is really annoying. The Royals have quickly lost all that shine of a lovable underdog.

Yordano Ventura Sparks Royals-White Sox Brawl

Comment

[tweet]591723986247028738[/tweet]

Comment

If Rangers are trading for former players, check if they want Salty.

Comment

DeSclafani has a 0.62 WHIP going into today's start.

I feel a crash landing into the Earth coming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Namaste View Post

Only 7% of the batted balls he's allowed have been line drives(45% GB and 47% FB). He has a swinging strike rate of 10.7% so far on his pitches, top 30 in the league. He's also not walking batters.

He does have a LOB rate of 95% which obviously will go down but his FIP is 2.84. I did like the trade for Latos but it definitely looks like he could be a very solid pitcher this year

Comment

Originally posted by Namaste View Post

His xFIP is actually .01 points higher than last season. He's been extremely lucky so far this year but he was a league average pitcher last year just a very unlucky one. The Latos trade looks worse and worse the more I look at DeSclafani's stats.

Comment

It seems that he improved his slider and change up quite a bit.

Comment

There's only one way for DeSclafani's 2015 season to go -----------> DOWN

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
                                It seems that he improved his slider and change up quite a bit.
                                I remember reading something along the lines of he started using a new change up in the AFL and the Reds thought it was legit, which was why they targeted him.

If that's true, that's failure of properly scouting your own players on the FO. The reason the trade looked good was because he was a two pitch pitcher so he was likely going to be a reliever. Developing a third pitch definitely vaulted him to starter territory

Comment

Working...
                                X