Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlins to Celebrate Back to the Future II AL Championship

This is actually kinda cool:

As the world waits on the invention of a time machine, the Miami Marlins have found a way to creatively turn back the clocks.
    The Marlins announced a season-long "#RewriteTheFuture" promotion inspired by the 1989 film "Back to the Future II."
    In the sequel starring Michael J. Fox, the Chicago Cubs and a team from Miami — that didn't exist yet — play each other in the 2015 World Series. Despite being a favorite, the Miami ballclub lost to the Cubs in the best-of-nine series.
    Well, 2015 has arrived and so has the latest clever marketing campaign with the following initiatives:
    1. This Sunday, the Marlins social media team will live tweet the inaugural game in Marlins history from April 5, 1993.
    2. During a three-game homestand against the Cubs in June, there will be a special event package with limited edition "Miami: 2015 American League Champions" T-shirts.

3. On Sept. 25, fans will be encouraged to wear their best futuristic 2015 costumes as inspired by the film for "Back to the Future Night." Special-event package buyers will get a Billy McFly bobblehead.
    Both social media nights will also raise funds for the Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research. Other "surprises" are still to be announced, according to the Marlins.

http://www.foxsports.com/florida/sto...r=112638779551
    LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

mentioned on facebook, i'm willing to bet the super secret special opening day first pitch is michael j fox
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Yep, the last time we had a dude with Parkinson throw out the first pitch (or whatever we had him do) it worked out really well.

Comment

most awkward thing I've ever been present for
        Originally posted by Madman81
        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Loria trying to stop Ali from shaking was hilarious though.

Comment

This is actually really cool.

Comment

Hopefully the banner is better than the championship metal white flags in left.

Comment

The championship metal white flags are one of life's greatest mysteries.

Someone thinks that looks good.

Comment

I'd rather have the metal flags than what was initial there - actual flags in an enclosed stadium with no wind. That was another awkward moment of that opening day. Niner raising completely limp flags up the flag pole.
                  STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

None of those were as awkward as introducing a kid whose parent was oversees, making it seem like they would reunite like these things usually do, and then not bringing back that parent and leaving that kid standing alone on the field.

Comment

Working...
                    X