No announcement yet.

Spring Training Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dietrich needs the AAA PA. Sitting on the bench for 1 start a week and 3 pinch hits isn't helping him, or changing outcome of the season. Not a big deal.

If Morse is hurt certainly Bour or Dietrich is up the next game. I wouldn't consider Solano any sort of replacement.

Comment

It would be really nice to have like a defensive stud who can play everywhere, kinda like Amezaga, Ichiro would be your 1st bat off the bench and, then you could mix and match Dietrich and Baker. Since we don't it seems that Solano will have to be on the team.

Comment

Originally posted by lou View Post
        Dietrich needs the AAA PA. Sitting on the bench for 1 start a week and 3 pinch hits isn't helping him, or changing outcome of the season. Not a big deal.

If Morse is hurt certainly Bour or Dietrich is up the next game. I wouldn't consider Solano any sort of replacement.
        Dietrich they are hoping will hit in AAA and bring up his trade value. They hate the guy since the Tino thing BUT no point in giving him away so will send him down see if he hits

As for the 1B backup job u still have Jeff Baker. The name to watch tho is Don Kelly. Plays any position but catcher,Hits LH and there will be a spot open soon with either the Rule 5 Guy leaving OR Dayton getting DFA

Kelly is nothing special but very professional and is a vet. Can help a young team like Reed Johnson last year

Comment

I don't think it matters who last bench spot goes to (I think Solano is a lock for 4th spot).

Just rotate it all year. Whatever vet wins now, great. No guarantees unless they stick.

I also think they would ditch Claiborne over Dayton and preserve the lefties, but not much to really discuss there are they are 5-6-7 longterm RP candidates

Comment

I generally think who the long-term bench guys are isnt all that important, as long as you have decent injury replacement options. At 3rd, 1st and 2nd, I think they are, so I don't really think it matters much if it's Solano or Dietrich getting 6 plate appearances a week as the 23rd man.
            poop

Comment

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/fish_...-be-dealt.html

They have been holding onto Hand so they can deal him for a pitcher with options but a deal with Texas is not bad at all. Probably the best system still. Mid level prospects there are TOP prospects in other systems

As for McKirahan,finally the team is doing something smart. Instead of just giving him back,get a project arm or something that u get to keep and let another team keep him

Comment

I like these moves. I was hoping Hand would be dealt so he's not just wasting a bullpen spot so if you can get anything of value for him, I make that move yesterday.

Comment

the Rangers are the go to team if you want a 19 year old Dominican guy that scouts rave about while they're hitting .225 and that will finally make it to the majors 5 years later as a mediocre role player

Comment

went to the game yesterday against the Twins. Gordon looked great! He was on second base to lead off an inning in each of his 3 plate appearances (bunt single advancing to second on throwing error; single and a steal; and ended with a double down the right field line). His glove at second looked good too. His range to the left is large. He prevented some balls from going into RF. There was one boneheaded play he made that resulted in a erro because he couldn't decide whether to throw to third or first.

Also, Morse is a giant and looks great hitting behind Giancarlo
                    STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

Yelich out of the lineup today with a blister on his hand, per JCR
                      Originally posted by Madman81
                      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Good. Hopefully we'll get to see Ichiro in LF.

Yelly will be better soon.
                        --------------------
                        Guy is falling apart after he inked his hugh contract
                        Last edited by Namaste; 03-23-2015, 09:00 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Yeah Ichiro is starting in LF
                          Originally posted by Madman81
                          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by BigGameFish View Post
                            There was one boneheaded play he made that resulted in a erro because he couldn't decide whether to throw to third or first.
                            Jesus that play was so dumb. Made me laugh out loud.

Comment

Originally posted by HUGG View Post
                              the Rangers are the go to team if you want a 19 year old Dominican guy that scouts rave about while they're hitting .225 and that will finally make it to the majors 5 years later as a mediocre role player
                              I would rather have that then losing Hand for nothing BUT just because teams that trade with Texas always seem to get 19 yr olds in Low A ball does not mean that's all they got.

They got some nice 21-23 arms in Keone Kela,Andrew Faulkner,Jerad Eickhoff,Alec Asher,Bonilla. I would take any one of them for Brad Hand

They also got alot of 25/26 yr olds with options

Comment

I'm well aware of the Rangers system, tj.

Comment

Working...
                                X