Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want roids back.

Comment

It's like trying to have your cake and eat it too. MLB wants a faster game, yet it wants more runs (which will invariably slow down the game) and wants a larger national audience (which, by the very nature of TV, will slow down the game). The fact is, the MLB should embrace this style of baseball and should take measures to help improve it. Maybe they're just my sensibilities, but I'd much rather watch a well-pitched, 2 hour and 15 minute 2-1 game than a 12-11 slugfest.

Comment

Originally posted by Beef View Post
        How do you even police that? You tell people where they're supposed to play and they can only move so much to either side prior to the pitch?
        I read that it would be something like not allowing more than two infielder on either side of second base.

Seems dumb.

Comment

If you want to build fan interest, get rid of the stupid unwritten rules.

Comment

By writing them down?

Comment

That unwritten rule shit is easily the most unlikable thing about the sport. Whenever a player or manager talks about them they sound like total douchebags.

Comment

Originally posted by marlinsfan24 View Post
                If you want to build fan interest, get rid of the stupid unwritten rules.
                They'd have to disband the entire Braves organization for that.

Comment

Originally posted by thatnewguy View Post
                  It's like trying to have your cake and eat it too. MLB wants a faster game, yet it wants more runs (which will invariably slow down the game) and wants a larger national audience (which, by the very nature of TV, will slow down the game). The fact is, the MLB should embrace this style of baseball and should take measures to help improve it. Maybe they're just my sensibilities, but I'd much rather watch a well-pitched, 2 hour and 15 minute 2-1 game than a 12-11 slugfest.
                  The game from 2003-2007 had tons of scoring and faster games. More scoring does not necessarily mean longer games. Offense has collapsed and games are longer than ever. It's definitely a style of play issue.

Comment

More runners on base and more scoring = outs being made less frequently and longer games.

Yes, people stepping out of the batters box after every pitch and adjusting their batting gloves etc does not help but, yeah.

Comment

For some reason that reminded me of Nomar Garciapara having to check between every pitch to make sure his cock was still there.
                      Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                      Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                      Noah Perio
                      Jupiter
                      39 AB
                      15 H
                      0 2B
                      0 3B
                      0 HR
                      0 BB
                      .385/.385/.385

Comment

Originally posted by thatnewguy View Post
                        Maybe they're just my sensibilities, but I'd much rather watch a well-pitched, 2 hour and 15 minute 2-1 game than a 12-11 slugfest.
                        I agree with this, but to the average everyday fan do you think that's the case. They're going to try to make the biggest audience happy which I'd guess is the 12-11 crowd. So they'll go after BS things like strikezone/defensive shifts to make up for the lack of roids.

Anyways in 1999 there was an average of 10.1 runs a game and average time of game was a few minutes under 3 hours. Last year 8.1 runs a game and average time of game was 3 hours 8 min. It's definitely the style of play.

Comment

So I found out the DH rules will alternate from year to year regardless of what city the ASG is being held.

Comment

Working...
                          X