X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumor: Marlins Sign OF Ichiro Suzuki

Craig Mish
    ‏@CraigMish
    Hearing Ichiro Suzuki and @Marlins have agreed to terms.
    Mish works for SiriusXM MLBN and Fantasy channels
    --------------------
    Craig Mish ‏@CraigMish 2m2 minutes ago
    for more on the Ichiro deal join me and @CliffFloyd30 at 2 EST on @SiriusXMFantasy XM 87 Sirius 210
    GOT HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEM
    --------------------
    11:26am: Ichiro’s deal is expected to be a one-year pact in the $2MM range, reports Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports (on Twitter).

11:19am: The Marlins have agreed to terms with free agent outfielder Ichiro Suzuki, reports Craig Mish of MLB Network Radio (Twitter link). The 41-year-old Ichiro, a client of John Boggs & Associates, should serve as Miami’s fourth outfielder in 2015.

Though his skills have clearly eroded somewhat with age, Ichiro posted a respectable .284/.324/.340 batting line in 385 plate appearances with the Yankees in 2014. He also swiped 15 bases in 18 tries, continuing a career-long trend of pronounced efficiency in that regard. Defensive metrics pegged him as an average right fielder, and he slid over to center field for a brief, 19-inning cameo as well, suggesting that he’s capable of doing so in a pinch should the Marlins require such a move on occasion in 2015.
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2015/0...ro-suzuki.html
    --------------------
    On the downside, that's less money for Shields
    Last edited by emkayseven; 01-23-2015, 11:28 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Nice.

Comment

Love it

Comment

Gotta love this signing. He's frickin Ichiro, he's coming for just $2 million, and he's a great guy to have for pinch hitting duties and somebody to start on Stanton/Yelich/Ozuna days off.

I honestly haven't gotten a Marlins jersey since Cabrera, but I might consider getting an Ichiro one.

Comment

A plus for attendance as well. I will take my kids down when he gets a spot start for the sole purpose of watching him.

I would imagine Asian American sports fans in South Florida will come out. Guy is a legend.
          --------------------
          Originally posted by dim View Post

I honestly haven't gotten a Marlins jersey since Cabrera, but I might consider getting an Ichiro one.
          Great point. Ichiro jerseys will be HUGH.
          Last edited by Namaste; 01-23-2015, 12:01 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Gotta figure they recoup the $2M in Japanese broadcasts and advertising alone
            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

This is cool.

Comment

he probably won't get enough ABs this year but there's an outside shot he could get to 3000 hits with us
                --------------------
                I mean, we'd really need him back in 2016 for that to happen. Still cool.

Could get his 500th SB with us too
                Last edited by emkayseven; 01-23-2015, 12:07 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Love it

Comment

Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                    Gotta figure they recoup the $2M in Japanese broadcasts and advertising alone
                    Even more with jersey sales,hotels and all

Exactly what the team was looking for tho. LHB who can play some defense and ALL 3 spots

Great Signing and better than our vet signings from last year

Comment

Did we buy some hotels or something?

Anyway, this is awesome.

Comment

Comment

sounds like something a carpetbagger would do

Comment

ICHIRO!!!

I can't believe it happened. As a kid I dreamed of Ichiro playing on the Marlins like kids today do for Stanton and Trout, knowing it'll never happen.

We will finally get to see Ichiro live! I haven't been this excited since we got Pudge/Delgado

Comment

I don't care about if this move makes any baseball sense, this is fucking awesome.

Ichiro is immediately my new favorite Marlin.

He's far past his prime, but he's still one of the absolute best to play the game. And he's from Asia.
                              Last edited by Chewford; 01-23-2015, 05:27 PM.
                              Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

Working...
                              X