No announcement yet.

Marlins Sign OF Ichiro Suzuki

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did we watch the same Greg Dobbs because I don't think a cup is big enough to hold all of the diarrhea he was as a player.

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
      I guess we'll see.

I think they'd want to give Ichiro more AB's to give him a shot at 3,000 than give Bour/Solano AB's. Not to mention that Ichiro is probably still a better player than those guys, anyway.
      he won't have a shot at 3k no matter how many at bats he gets. He'd have to hit .312 over 500 at bats to reach 3000. He isn't getting anywhere near 500 at bats.
      Originally posted by Madman81
      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Its kinda why I was hoping it was a two year deal. Him getting 3k here would be great for marketing and what not.

I imagine he gets around 300 AB. At which point, he'd need to bat around .500 If he was here for two years and got 600 AB total, would have only need to hit .260 in that time frame

Comment

I think they'll re-sign him unless he's terrible though. Only signing him for 1 year in case he hits .215 this season seems smart.

Comment

But if Ichiro manages to hit over .300 in a pinch-hitter/spot starter role, don't you think he'll be able to get a better deal from a shitty team who would allow him to start and would also get the publicity from the 3K hit mark?

I would've just given him the 2-years, unless his camp only wanted one year and is banking on that above scenario to begin with.

Comment

I mean, maybe, but even if he hits in his limited role here, I don't really see anyone handing him a starting job at 42.

I wouldn't be surprised if we re-sign him before the season ends if its warranted.

Comment

I definitely think signing him for only 1 year is the smarter move. But he'd want to have to stay here, too. Ichiro is a lot more appealing to a lot of clubs when he's knocking at 3000.

Ie, given the option, would he want to do it in a Mariner uniform? Would he rather do it on a sure fire contender? Would he rather do it somewhere he'll get more ab?

But, there's a season of baseball before those questions can even be answered so yah.

Comment

The closer milestone is Pete Rose's hit total
                  Originally posted by Madman81
                  Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                  Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Working...
                  X