4. Michael Morse, 1B

5. Marcell Ozuna, CF

6. Jarrod Saltalamacchia, C

7. Adeiny Hechavarria, SS

8. Pitcher

9. Dee Gordon, 2B

Have at it...interested to see what everyone has to say. Here's the link:

http://glenngeffner.mlblogs.com/2015...e-lineup-card/

Even if you'd do the pitcher 8th thing, Hech should be 9.

Assuming there is no chance in hell Gordon isn't batting first, I suspect it'll be

Gordon
    Prado
    Yelich
    Stanton
    Morse
    Ozuna
    Salty
    Hech

Comment

We all know Gordon will lead off...not interested in the projected lineup. More curious as to whether or not you like his proposal and why you think Hech should be 9th. Truly interested in your thoughts as I enjoy your posts and respect your opinion.

Comment

This 100% the lineup I'd love to see.

Comment

I think the lineup Lou posted is the proper lineup.

Comment

Lineups with the pitcher hitting 8th are like someone saying a bunch of stuff that sounds smart but doesn't really mean anything to try to impress people. They should be met with reactions such as

Comment

Originally posted by HUGG View Post
              Lineups with the pitcher hitting 8th are like someone saying a bunch of stuff that sounds smart but doesn't really mean anything to try to impress people. They should be met with reactions such as

Couldn't agree more. It's just kind of gimmicky

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Fish View Post
                Couldn't agree more. It's just kind of gimmicky
                I feel it's a matchup thing. Carlos Zambrano (in prime) certainly bats 8th if he were still starting here and Hech would move down a spot. But I think there are very rare exceptions

Fun fact, Zambrano has a 5.8 offensive WAR, with a peak year of 1.4 in 2008.
                --------------------
                Originally posted by Malman View Post
                We all know Gordon will lead off...not interested in the projected lineup. More curious as to whether or not you like his proposal and why you think Hech should be 9th. Truly interested in your thoughts as I enjoy your posts and respect your opinion.
                Not really. I don't think any huge gains are generated by trying to jump start the top of the order. Anything gained in the early innings, seems to be lost to me by having to pinch hit earlier and potentially hurt the pen. Very hypothetical, but just don't think it's worth it. And if they do put the pitcher 8th, Hech is the worst offensive player so he should bat 9th (especially against RHP). That would still (marginally) jump start the top of the order in the same way putting Gordon there would in this guys article.

I think the splits are more interesting in figuring out a lineup

vs RHP

1-Salty (approx. .340 OBP last 2 seasons combined, more slug than Gordon/Prado. Screw the speed)
                2-Yelich (.358 OBP last year, probably going to slug more than salty)
                3-Stanton
                4-Morse
                5-Ozuna
                6-Gordon (.322 OBP, and I don't think he will be as good as last year)
                7-Prado (.300 OBP, and would let Gordon "steal" fwiw)
                8-Hech (.645 OPS)

vs LHP

1-Gordon (.340 OBP last year, don't want to put Prado/Yelich slugging potential here, he has next best OBP)
                2-Prado (.887 OPS last three season combined)
                3-Yelich
                4-Stanton
                5-Morse
                6-Ozuna
                7-Hech (.742 OPS, .336 OBP hitting likely unsustainable .321)
                8-Catcher (just terrible. Mathis .675 OPS, Salty .600)

Won't happen as they will certainly put guys into "roles" as that is Redmond's style, but feel Yelich/Stanton/Morse/Ozuna are fine 2-5 or 3-6 as long as they are stacked in that order.

I want to try and maximize Salty, Gordon, Prado, and Hech as I feel the other 4 are just going to do their thing in the middle of the order regardless of matchup. There are opportunities to gain a few runs by trying to front load Salty vs RHP and Gordon/Prado vs LHP.

But I don't think this makes or breaks the season versus an everyday all situation

Gordon
                Prado
                Yelich
                Stanton
                Morse
                Ozuna
                Salty
                Hech
                Last edited by lou; 01-10-2015, 02:41 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

I'd almost guarantee Yelich bats 2, even though Prado-Yelich 2-3 makes tons more sense. Assuming they insist on Gordon leading off (which they shouldn't) it should be what lou posted. But I'm almost certain it will be

Gordon
                  Yelich
                  Stanton
                  Morse
                  Ozuna
                  Prado
                  Salty
                  Hech

or they might flip Prado and Ozuna
                  Originally posted by Madman81
                  Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                  Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by lou View Post
                    Fun fact, Zambrano has a 5.8 offensive WAR, with a peak year of 1.4 in 2008.
                    Dontrelle Willis is 22nd in franchise history in career Offensive bWAR at 4.1 in 404pa.

This is both hilarious and sad.

I do agree there are exceptions for good hitting pitchers, but they're so rare. I'll be so glad when the NL adds the DH sometime in the next few years.

Comment

I don't really get why that is sad.

The franchise is like two decades old.

We're not the Yankees.

Comment

Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                        I'd almost guarantee Yelich bats 2, even though Prado-Yelich 2-3 makes tons more sense. Assuming they insist on Gordon leading off (which they shouldn't) it should be what lou posted. But I'm almost certain it will be

Gordon
                        Yelich
                        Stanton
                        Morse
                        Ozuna
                        Prado
                        Salty
                        Hech

or they might flip Prado and Ozuna
                        Yeah, this lineup with Prado 5th and Ozuna 6th just looks right to me. Feels like a good sense of balance in the lineup with speed up top in Gordon, great contact hitter/plate discipline in Yelich, Stanton the meat of the lineup, Morse the newly acquired power protection for Stanton, Prado the contact hitter with good power, Ozuna the free swinger with gaps power, and Salty/Hech being the below average hitters thrown at the bottom of the lineup, with Salty hopefully bouncing back and Hech continuing to slowly improve.

I'm actually very happy with the lineup going into next year as Ozuna and Yelich don't regress horribly and Morse doesn't go 2013 on us. Probably the most (rightfully) content I've been with the lineup since 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                          I don't really get why that is sad.

The franchise is like two decades old.

We're not the Yankees.
                          37 players posted a 4.1 offensive bWAR or better in 2014, in a single-season. And that number, for a career, ranks in our top 25 all-time.

We've been around 22 years now.

Comment

Preston Wilson is Colarado's 22nd career leader in offensive bWAR with 3.9. Obviously they've been around the same amount of time as Miami.

Knowing that, I honestly think it's more impressive that Dontrelle is up there, rather than it be damning to the organization.

Comment

Working...
                            X