Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlins Trade Casey McGehee To Giants For Kendry Flores, Luis Castillo

Joe Frisaro ‏@JoeFrisaro 3m3 minutes ago
    I'm hearing Casey McGehee is going to the #SFGiants for two lower-level Minor League pitchers #Marlins No announcement yet
    still waiting on names

Those Hunter Strickland/Matt Duffy rumors were cool while they lasted.

Comment

If it's Mella or Ysla they pretty much replaced German.
      Last edited by Ralph; 12-19-2014, 07:34 PM.
      "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
      - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

Probably 2 26 year old High-A guys.

Comment

Interesting that we were all wrong about what they felt about him. Must not have loved him all that much to replace him, and give him up for low level minor leaguers.

Comment

Juan C. Rodriguez @JCRMarlinsbeat
            #Marlins getting RHPs Kendry Flores and Luis Castillo from #Giants for Casey McGehee.

Comment

We got Luis Castillo back!

Best offseason ever.
              --------------------
              Flores is Giants #17 prospect (MLB.com). Here's his report:

Scouting grades: Fastball: 55 | Curveball: 50 | Cutter: 50 | Changeup: 50 | Control: 60 | Overall: 45
              San Francisco may have more legitimate pitching prospects with advanced control and command than any other organization. Flores led them all -- and the entire Minor Leagues -- with an 8.1 K/BB ratio in 2013. He gave up more than one unintentional walk in just two of his 22 starts, none of them after May.

Flores has shown more consistent fastball velocity in 2014, working at 90-93 mph and regularly reaching 95 mph. He mixes his heater well with his changeup, which helped him limit left-handers to a .194 average last season. Flores also throws a curveball and a cutter, both of which can be solid at times.

Flores may not have a true plus pitch, but his command helps his stuff play up. He doesn't have a ton of physical projection remaining, so his ceiling likely tops out as a No. 4 starter.
              --------------------
              Castillo is a 22 year old reliever (12/12/92), so 2014 was his 21yo season, who had a 3.07era in A ball this season. 10.1 k/9
              --------------------
              9.5 k/9 2.7 bb/9 for Flores this year in high A ball
              Last edited by HUGG; 12-19-2014, 09:09 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Had read Flores Was a soft tosser. 90-93 topping at 95 is not a soft tosser.
                "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                - Michael Johnson

Comment

Something to remember about Flores last year was that he was in the CALL. CALL is the most hitting friendly league in baseball, even more than the PCL. Last year, CALL finished with more than a run per game than the FSL (FSL being where our A+ team is).

He actually had a pretty good year last year when you factor that in. I mean, he's still a C+ prospect, but that's solid return for a guy who probably will be without a job in two months.

Comment

3.87fip in the CALL isn't bad and the K rate is nice. Good control too. Gets lefties out. I think he's got a shot.
                    --------------------
                    Good write-up on Flores: http://goldengatesports.com/2014/11/...kendry-flores/
                    Last edited by HUGG; 12-19-2014, 09:17 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

I like what I've read on Flores. Strikes out guys and doesn't walk anybody. That's always good. The fact that we got a team's top 20 prospect and another pitching prospect on the side says to me we probably traded McGehee at his peak value. We needed to stock up that starting pitching a bit in the minors with German, Desclafani, and Heaney all going away. Not saying this replaces them but it's a start, plus McGehee was definitely expendable.

Definitely not upset with the return. Upset would be getting Steven Ames, Josh Wall and Angel Sanchez (even if the player is garbage) or PJ Dean as the headliner in a trade.

Comment

Flores was having a great second half and then got hurt. Didn't pitch after that.
                        - Michael Johnson

Comment

Yeah, I'd like to know more about his shoulder injury but can't find anything.

I'd like to think it's not a concern or we wouldn't have traded for him, but who knows.

Comment

No problem with this. Send Haren to a west coast team and sign Shields!

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvZ45CFodGo[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spjpO9GRpEM[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ik6kYH2KS3U[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYt7Bo_ZhA0[/ame]

Comment

Working...
                              X