Marlins acquire Prado & Phelps from the Yankees for Eovaldi, Jones and German

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
    I definitely think you gotta go with Koehler over Phelps. Phelps/Haren I'm not sure.

Hopefully Haren retires and we sign Shields.
    Ya the rotation will have Koehler as the #4 with Phelps likely to be #5,then to the pen when Jose is back. Haren is pretty much gone,he has had talks with the FO and has told them no thanks.

Comment

Eovaldi/Jones were going to cost $8, so Prado was going to cost $3 million more, minus the $8 getting, payroll is DOWN $5 million and they dumped G. Jones in the process.

How are they doing this?

Comment

Originally posted by lou View Post
        8 fucking million! Prado is a 2/$14 player for the Marlins basically.

This is a huge win for Loria
        8 million for Prado and lost 5 million(Jones) ? million(Eovaldi)

Comment

There is no fucking way Koehler and Phelps are the 4-5 starters for this team.

They are pedal to the metal.

They must have a Haren deal in place or know he is going to retire. If they ditch Haren and McGehee, with the salary savings in Yankees deal, it is cost neutral to sign James Shields

Comment

Eovaldi/Jones were going to cost $8, so Prado was going to cost $3 million more, minus the $8 getting, payroll is DOWN $5 million and they dumped G. Jones in the process.

How are they doing this?
            Guess that is how German got into the deal. Just like LAD got Austin Barnes included for paying 12.5 million

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
              Wow, fully on board now.

Comment

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                I definitely think you gotta go with Koehler over Phelps. Phelps/Haren I'm not sure.

Hopefully Haren retires and we sign Shields.
                At the very least, I would think they would intensity their push for Peavy now. Maybe get him on a two-year deal.

Comment

There is no fucking way Koehler and Phelps are the 4-5 starters for this team.

They are pedal to the metal.

They must have a Haren deal in place or know he is going to retire. If they ditch Haren and McGehee, with the salary savings in Yankees deal, it is cost neutral to sign James Shields
                  O i agree, I am just saying as of now. They were talking Haren/Jones to 3 teams but were put on the backburner

Koehler is the 5th Starter tho no matter

Comment

Originally posted by Valid View Post
                    At the very least, I would think they would intensity their push for Peavy now. Maybe get him on a two-year deal.
                    Peavy signed, but they will either have Haren as the 4, or go sign/trade for a real 3/4 starter for sure. Or go big with Shields.

Hopefully Loria is drunk and just gives Sherzer all the money

Comment

Peavy signed, but they will either have Haren as the 4, or go sign/trade for a real 3/4 starter for sure. Or go big with Shields.

Whoops. Missed that Peavy signed.

Get Shields.

Comment

That would be awesome

Comment

NYY fans like the trade

Wait till they figure out Eovaldi is a bullpen arm and Jones is terrible

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                            NYY fans like the trade

Wait till they figure out Eovaldi is a bullpen arm and Jones is terrible
                            Can't blame them. They probably haven't seen much of Eovaldi and are looking at his peripherals.

Can't imagine him doing that well in that ballpark, though.

Comment

Awesome on the money end. Also mcGehee on trading block now. Right? Hopefully.
                              "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                              - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph View Post
                                Awesome on the money end. Also mcGehee on trading block now. Right? Hopefully.
                                Probably not-still somewhat cheap and can backup 3B/1B and pinch hit

Comment

Working...
                                X