Marlins acquire Prado & Phelps from the Yankees for Eovaldi, Jones and German

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Erick View Post
    I am kinda concerned with the lack of pitching in the minors. I am glad that Casey won't be our starting 3B though, and Prado gives us positional depth.
    I'm actually not.

They have Fernandez/Latos(I'm assuming Latos picks up Fernandez slack this season) for 4 years, they have 5 on cosart, 3 on alvarez, and let's say 6+ with the group of koehler/phelps/hand/nicolino/williams. They basically have 4/5ths a rotation for minimum 3 years right now, with suitable 5-6-7 starter backups.

They really just need a longterm 2/3 to compliment Fernandez/Alvarez at the top.

German doesn't impact this depth chart much. I think Nicolino and Williams are the important ones.

Comment

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
      If we sign Shields out of this, then I really like this trade, but I kinda see it as a lateral move if not. Improving 3rd Base slightly, while hurting the starting pitching slightly.
      Man, I think this is a way bigger than a slight improvement at 3b.

Comment

If they trade McGhee, Cishek, and Haren and lose all their salary, signing Shields is a cost-neutral move.

Comment

Prado ISO'd .131 last year whereas McGehee had a .070 ISO. That's insane.

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
            Man, I think this is a way bigger than a slight improvement at 3b.
            Yeah. Prado had his worst year offensively since 2011 last season and still put up a 2.6 WAR. Meanwhile, McGehee had his best year at the plate since 2010 and was only a 2.0 WAR player.

This is a significant improvement.

Also, hi guys.

Comment

This is a huge improvement. Can't believe people are upset about losing German.

Can't believe they're actually not going to start McGehee after all the talk the FO did about him. Huge upgrade to our bench too with this deal and that can't be overlooked.
              --------------------
              HOLY FUCK A VALID SIGHTING
              Last edited by emkayseven; 12-19-2014, 12:54 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
              Originally posted by Madman81
              Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
              Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

We're going to the ShipBoys!

Comment

Do we think Prado can still play SS?

Comment

Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                    This is a huge improvement. Can't believe people are upset about losing German.

Can't believe they're actually not going to start McGehee after all the talk the FO did about him. Huge upgrade to our bench too with this deal and that can't be overlooked.
                    --------------------
                    HOLY FUCK A VALID SIGHTING
                    Ya German while a nice arm is nothing. He was/is years away

Comment

Do we think Phelps really starts? I know Koehler isn't amazing but he's been a REALLY solid 5 starter and given Phelps's experience in the pen I'd rather have him in the pen
                      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

I definitely think you gotta go with Koehler over Phelps. Phelps/Haren I'm not sure.

Hopefully Haren retires and we sign Shields.

Comment

We also got CASH in the deal- Jeff Loria's favorite player!!

Comment

Barry Jackson @flasportsbuzz
                            Hear Yankees will pay $8 million of Prado's $11 million salary. Prado hit .282, 12, 58 for Yanks and D-backs in 2014.Hit .282,14,82 in 2013.

Comment

8 fucking million! Prado is a 2/$14 player for the Marlins basically.

This is a huge win for Loria

Comment

Wow amazing

Comment

Working...
                                X