Marlins Sign Mike Morse to a Two Year Deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlins Sign Mike Morse to a Two Year Deal

The Marlins are close to a deal with free agent Michael Morse, Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports tweets.
    MLBTR

GET IT DONE

DO IT

DO IT

DO IT
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

I approve.

Comment

@Ken_Rosenthal: Source confirms: Morse in agreement with #Marlins, two-year contract, pending physical. @JoeFrisaro first with news of deal.
        Twitter

Comment

Excellent. They get an upgrade at first and don't have to trade away more assets to do it. Now they still have Eovaldi, Haren, and Hand to potentially deal for other needs or perhaps to recoup some prospects.

Also, I would hold on to Jones as a power bat off the bench. He can play 1st and OF against tough righties.

Comment

I'll send the e-vite to Juanky.

Comment

There's been no chatter about Jones, gotta figure they keep him as a PH or sub vs. RHP

When Fernandez comes back you have the ability to trade Eovaldi/Hand/Haren/Koehler for a need like a pen arm or an injury replacement. Awesome stuff.
              Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

When Casey Mcgehee sucks for an extended period of time, they can move them for a 3rd baseman.

Comment

Projected lineup of:

Gordon
                  Yelich
                  Stanton
                  Morse
                  McGehee
                  Ozuna
                  Salty
                  Hech

Starters include:

Fernandez (June/July)
                  Latos
                  Cosart
                  Henderson
                  Eovaldi
                  Haren
                  Kohler

Wow! Wish our season started tomorrow! I am hoping that Haren stays with us because I can't imagine us getting anything significant in return.

Comment

Koehler is better than Haren and Hand is about on par. Really don't need anything significant in return.

Comment

Biggest reason I don't want Haren is because he doesn't want to be here. He's already average as it is, imagine if he pitches without giving a shit.

Also, not a fan of Morse and McGehee in the heart of the lineup. But it seems that was our best reasonable option. Hopefully one of our starters can fetch us a nice corner infield piece by the end of next year.
                      STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

Can someone explain why you are excited about Morse? I just don't see him making a bigger impact than what was available in house.

Comment

ESPN says 8 mil over 2 years with some incentives

Comment

We had another .800+ OPS candidate in house??

Comment

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/12...greement-place

Veteran free agent Michael Morse has an agreement in place with the Miami Marlins on a two-year, $8 million contract, sources told ESPN, confirming multiple reports.

Morse can earn more in the contract through performance bonuses. The deal has yet to be finalized.

The 32-year-old outfielder/first baseman hit .279 with 16 home runs and 61 RBIs for the World Series champion San Francisco Giants last season, his first with the team. He hit .250 with four RBIs in 16 at-bats in the World Series.

In 10 seasons with the Seattle Mariners, Washington Nationals, Baltimore Orioles and Giants, the right-handed hitter has batted .281 with 99 homers and 333 RBIs.

He was paid $6 million in 2014.

Adding Morse will be the latest addition this offseason for the Marlins, who have made a flurry of moves after locking up slugger Giancarlo Stanton to a record $325 million contract. They also traded for All-Star second baseman Dee Gordon, right-hander Mat Latos and right-hander Dan Haren, who has indicated he might retire.
                              --------------------
                              can 2/8 be anything but a win for us in terms of contract?
                              Last edited by Madman81; 12-16-2014, 10:08 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Working...
                              X