2014-15 MLB Offseason Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014-15 MLB Offseason Thread

Andrew Friedman quit the Rays and went to the Dodgers.
    --------------------
    Didn't know the Marlins had this kind of clause, and I'm hoping that the Nats and Astros can figure something out sooner rather than later. I can't imagine no ST in south Florida.

Some fear if a new spring training home can't be found in Palm Beach County for the Houston Astros and Washington Nationals, the effects will be felt far up the coast.

"We're looking at what's going on down in Palm Beach and we're hoping it happens down there," said Paul Taglieri, Senior Director of Florida Operations for the New York Mets.

Right now, it's a quieter time at Tradition Field, where the Mets have held spring training for a quarter century.

But the Mets, along with the St. Louis Cardinals, and Miami Marlins, who train in Jupiter, all have clauses allowing them to leave if there are not enough teams training in the region.

"If we don't get these two teams over here, it puts us in a situation where teams are going to have to start looking elsewhere to play," said Taglieri.

Rick Hatcher's job is to get more people to play sports on the Treasure Coast. As the new Executive Director of the Treasure Coast Sports Commission, he knows how important the Mets are to the region.

"We work with them and they're great when there's availability. Everybody that plays baseball wants to come play here," said Hatcher.

Taglieri said he went to the last meeting down in Palm Beach County in September, and came away optimistic a deal can be made, despite the recent back and forth over a new baseball site between the teams and county and city leaders.

"It's good for spring training on the east coast of Florida. Obviously we're here on the east coast in Port St. Lucie, that kind of cements our spot here."
    http://www.wptv.com/news/region-st-l...raining-in-pbc
    Last edited by emkayseven; 10-14-2014, 07:54 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Cardinals outfielder Oscar Taveras was killed Sunday afternoon in a car crash. The rookie was just 22.
    LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

RIP.
      Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
      Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
      Noah Perio
      Jupiter
      39 AB
      15 H
      0 2B
      0 3B
      0 HR
      0 BB
      .385/.385/.385

Comment

Oscar Taveras was five times over the legal limit at the time of his death last month.

Comment

How did he even get the key in the ignition 5X over the limit?

Comment

FWIW the legal limit in the DR is .05, not .08. Still really high, and inexcusable, but .25 is a lot easier to wrap your head around than .40. I don't think I could get to .40 if I tried.
            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

If I'm Kershaw, I'm a little embarrassed about being the first person to win the Cy Young and MVP in like 50 years after shitting the bed in the post season.

Comment

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                If I'm Kershaw, I'm a little embarrassed about being the first person to win the Cy Young and MVP in like 50 years after shitting the bed in the post season.
                Verlander won both 3 years ago doe

Comment

Rays have traded Jeremy Hellickson to the Arizona Diamondbacks for outfielder Justin Williams and shortstop Andrew Velazquez.

Comment

Russell Martin to Toronto
                    --------------------
                    Atlanta Braves ‏@Braves 2m2 minutes ago
                    The #Braves have acquired RHP Shelby Miller and RHP Tyrell Jenkins from the Cardinals in exchange for OF Jason Heyward and RHP Jordan Walden
                    holy shit
                    Last edited by HUGG; 11-17-2014, 11:09 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Love that trade for the Cardinals.
                      poop

Comment

I'm with you.

Miller regressed a lot in 2014.

Now if they don't sign Heyward, then...

Comment

Yep.

They will.

He'll be an MVP candidate for them next season, too.
                          poop

Comment

Also, Jordan Walden's pretty good

Comment

Heck of a trade for the Cards. If the Braves can "fix" Miller, it's a coup for both sides.

Comment

Working...
                              X