BA Top 10 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dim View Post
    That list hurts my eyes. Also, while I like Jarlin Garcia, I never understood why BA loves him so much to put him #2. Regardless of opinions on Nicolino's future he is likely #2, although these rankings don't matter.

Anyway, that ranking hurt my eyes. So many players on that list who will never see a second in the majors, and if they do there's a problem.
    Garcia has a higher ceiling than Nicolino imo. I agree with him over Nicolino.

Comment

I'd put Naylor at #2 just because.

Comment

Originally posted by dim View Post
        That list hurts my eyes. Also, while I like Jarlin Garcia, I never understood why BA loves him so much to put him #2. Regardless of opinions on Nicolino's future he is likely #2, although these rankings don't matter.

Anyway, that ranking hurt my eyes. So many players on that list who will never see a second in the majors, and if they do there's a problem.
        that list is not from Baseball America

Comment

Oh. Thread said BA so I expected BA. MLB.com loves Garcia too (had him ranked 16 I believe recently when coming off a 5+ ERA season) so it's whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
            I'd put Naylor at #2 just because.
            The power should come and the plate discipline he's shown so far is great

I'm cautiously quite optimistic.

Also, no KJ Woods in the top 30?

Comment

It's crazy guys like Colby Suggs, Anderson, Schales, Seymour, etc... get named but they can't find a place for Woods. Not calling him the second coming of Stanton but he's been our best hitting prospect this season.

Comment

Also Stone Garrett omission is no fun.
                "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

Not worthy of starting a thread, but wanted to mention that the Marlins didn't have any of the top 20 PCL prospects on BA, but Andrew Heaney was #6 on that list.
                  Originally posted by Madman81
                  Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                  Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

I'm not convinced Heaney is that much better than Conley.

Comment

Big fan of Adam Conley but didn't Heaney just tear it up with the Angels this season? Like of all the lefties we (also could've) had over the past few years, with Heaney and Rodon, it seems like we got the lesser two.

Comment

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                        I'm not convinced Heaney is that much better than Conley.
                        Significantly better peripherals throughout the minors for Heaney at younger ages, better in a longer sample in the majors.

I'm not sure what possible argument Conley might have here.
                        poop

Comment

mostly based on this year and the way Conley looked at the end of the season, but if you project Conley's stats over the amount of innings Heaney pitched in the majors, they're not far off. Conley better Ks/9, Heaney better BBs/9, similar ERAs, and I know it was completely different environments, but you can't argue that Conley wasn't better than Heaney in AAA this year. Again, I'm not saying Heaney's not better than Conley, but I'm not convinced there's that much of a gap between the two.

Comment

Hugely small sample for Conley in the majors though. And keep in mind, he dominated in September but in June-August, he struggled to get through five innings in each start. Look, I think Conley has great stuff and the ability to be a #3 in the future. But he's not Andrew Heaney, who has more success at every level than Conley--sans those three starts dominate Conley had in the big leagues.

Comment

105 innings (Heaney) vs. 67 innings (Conley) doesn't seem like a huge difference to me in sample size.

Comment

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                                105 innings (Heaney) vs. 67 innings (Conley) doesn't seem like a huge difference to me in sample size.
                                No, they're major league samples are both small. But their numbers in the minors come from a much larger sample, and Heaney's numbers (3.22 ERA, 4.10 FIP, 8.1 K/9) compared to Conley's (3.76 ERA, 4.21 FIP, 7.9 K/9) are better. Like I said, Conley is a good pitcher but Heaney still had the highest upside of the lefties our minor league system over the past few seasons.

Comment

Working...
                                X