Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marlins Trade Heaney, Hernandez, Barnes, Hatcher to Dodgers for Gordon, Haren, Rojas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I obviously am not in these negotiations but it seems impossible that this was the best Heaney based deal out there. I mean, this pretty much means there out on Morenau, right? I'm not expecting Eovaldi and Cishek deals at this point. We sign Morse now, and say Haren's lifeless corpse is our "front of the rotation" pitcher and we wrap it up this offseason.

Comment

There were so many options and they went with this? We're not even getting SVS to fill the void at 1b?

Comment

Wonder what it would take for Justin Morn

Comment

Originally posted by thatnewguy View Post
          I obviously am not in these negotiations but it seems impossible that this was the best Heaney based deal out there. I mean, this pretty much means there out on Morenau, right? I'm not expecting Eovaldi and Cishek deals at this point. We sign Morse now, and say Haren's lifeless corpse is our "front of the rotation" pitcher and we wrap it up this offseason.
          I'd rather trade Heaney for Gordon than trade him for the available 1b options. I hope they don't get Morneau.

Then again, I was kind of hoping they didn't trade Heaney at all, but whatever.

Comment

Loria: We've got plans, Giancarlo.
            Stanton: What plans?
            Loria: Big plans.

Comment

Mentioned it this afternoon

Marlins were shopping Heaney to like 6 teams for a young ML bat. Looks like LAD were first to bite with Gordon

Hold up could be Dan Haren tho

As for Miley deal it could be back on BUT not a priority. Was some talk they had a deal then Arizona heard Heaney was on block and tried to get him instead

Comment

Sure u overreacted to the Cosart trade ... It's a good deal Heaney could very we'll be another turner kid looked scared on the mound and like I said if they were offering him everywhere he is not as valuable as u think not one time did u hear Fernandez or Stanton being traded while in the minors other than the manny trade

Comment

Apparently Dan Haren if he is included in the trade will retire.

Comment

Originally posted by kusch View Post
                    Apparently Dan Haren if he is included in the trade will retire.
                    Don't really understand that though. It's been reported for a long time.
                    Originally posted by Madman81
                    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

The 1B they are looking at is Morse. They supposedly have a deal setup but Morse's people told us they are waiting on SF to decide what they are doing

Comment

I don't know what site to look this all up on, but I've got to imagine a Gordon/Hech combo would have ranked towards the bottom in middle infield OBP combos
                        Originally posted by Madman81
                        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                          So if reports are true, why would we even try to include him?(if he is even in the deal )

Comment

Well, I'm sure we can all agree on one thing. If this means that Solano and Valdespin wouldn't combine for 100 starts than it's an improvement. I mean, the reason this is shitty is because of what we might be giving up.

Comment

Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                              Yep Haren has been saying since Sept he will only play in Southern Cal. It is the holdup on the deal right now

Comment

Maybe throw in a curveball and get A Gon back somehow

Comment

Working...
                                X