Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marlins Trade Heaney, Hernandez, Barnes, Hatcher to Dodgers for Gordon, Haren, Rojas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well, Hill didn't lie, I can't believe they're doing this
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

I'm fine with Gordon, it's the Dan Haren part I really don't like. You can probably get Gordon by himself without dealing Heaney but since it's Heaney+ for a good but not spectacular second baseman and a inconsistent, expensive, old pitcher seems like the team is making a move for the sake of making a move.

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
        I'm not a fan of the trade, but I think some of you are overreacting.
        ok "Erick"
        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

It's not an overreaction if the team is clearly overpaying for what is, at best, a meh trade and a worst a downright bullshit one.

Comment

Chris Cotillo ‏@ChrisCotillo 37s37 seconds ago
            Someone close to Dan Haren tells me "there's no way he'd want to play in Miami". Has threatened to retire if traded. #Marlins #Dodgers

Comment

Love this trade who knows what heaney will be FO obviously wasn't impressed with him offering him to everyone basically

Comment

Chris Cotillo @ChrisCotillo
                Someone close to Dan Haren tells me "there's no way he'd want to play in Miami". Has threatened to retire if traded. #Marlins #Dodgers
                Welcome to hell Dan Haren!

Comment

MLB Network just announced it

Comment

It's official?
                    --------------------
                    So basically we blew our load for Dee Gordon and a retiring contract?
                    Last edited by thatnewguy; 12-10-2014, 05:40 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Originally posted by andre0814 View Post
                      Love this trade who knows what heaney will be FO obviously wasn't impressed with him offering him to everyone basically
                      So trading him for a known meh commodity is better...yep sounds about along the lines of what the Marlins love to do.

Comment

0 homeruns from 2b/ss in 2015.
                        "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                        - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
                          So trading him for a known meh commodity is better...yep sounds about along the lines of what the Marlins love to do.
                          Gordon had a 3.1 fWAR last year to be fair. Not exactly a "known meh commodity."

Comment

Almost all of those wins came in the the first half, to be fair.

Comment

I feel like they went into the meetings knowing they were going to trade Heaney and for whatever reason took the "best" offer they got

Comment

Originally posted by thatnewguy View Post
                                Almost all of those wins came in the the first half, to be fair.
                                He overachieved in the first half. He could probably repeat the totality of his season.

Comment

Working...
                                X