Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marlins Trade Heaney, Hernandez, Barnes, Hatcher to Dodgers for Gordon, Haren, Rojas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• maybe the $10mil is to help Loria pay Stanton's salary for the next few years before he sells the team
    STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

• Loria seriously doesn't have enough money to own a team.

Comment

• Originally posted by thatnewguy View Post
        Loria seriously doesn't have enough money to own a team.
        This. We just traded prospects for $12.5 million to be able to afford free agents. Only one team in the big leagues would do such a thing.

Comment

• Basically Loria just made an art sale for 12.5mil as got a few investment pieces in return
          STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

• don't see why the Angels would do something like Wilson for Haren. makes no sense
            Originally posted by Madman81
            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Loria seriously doesn't have enough money to own a team.

I've been saying this for 2 years.

We lost this trade but it makes us better in 2015 (and they will make at least one more upgrade I think).

#yolo

Dee Gordon 9 for 15 at Marlins Park with 4 steals.

#AllLoriaNeededToSeeToDumpHeaney

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
                This. We just traded prospects for $12.5 million to be able to afford free agents. Only one team in the big leagues would do such a thing.
                Except they also got a second baseman.

It's not really a terribly weird thing. But even if it were, being the only team to do it doesn't make it the wrong thing to do.

Comment

• Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                  don't see why the Angels would do something like Wilson for Haren. makes no sense
                  I'd rather have Haren...

Comment

• What makes no sense is trading four prospects for a decent-at-best second baseman and $12.5 million. That screams cash-strapped. Or, maybe, it's positive and it means the Marlins will have a $77.5 million payroll next season instead of $65 million.
                    --------------------
                    I don't really think so either.
                    Last edited by thatnewguy; 12-10-2014, 09:56 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Yelich, Gordon, Stanton, Ozuna is pretty sexy, though (especially in Marlins Park)

Even though Marlins will have Gordon lead off. trololololollol
                      --------------------
                      I don't think that long term, Dee Gordon will be "decent at best".

Although decent can mean a lot of things.
                      Last edited by Namaste; 12-10-2014, 09:58 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Well, why put him #2?

Comment

What makes no sense is trading four prospects for a decent-at-best second baseman and $12.5 million. That screams cash-strapped. Or, maybe, it's positive and it means the Marlins will have a $77.5 million payroll next season instead of $65 million.
                          --------------------
                          I don't really think so either.
                          Decent at best? Or All-Star at best? If his best was his first half
                          Last year, that's pretty darn good.
                          STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

• Originally posted by Beef View Post
                            Except they also got a second baseman.

It's not really a terribly weird thing. But even if it were, being the only team to do it doesn't make it the wrong thing to do.
                            I feel like giving up prospects to spend $12 million on two players in free agency is an indicator that the owner shouldn't be owning a team, and it's also probably not a wise usage of resources.

They want two players supposedly. An average of $6 million doesn't get you much in free agency these days.

The guys we gave up in this trade all project to be a part of a big league roster rather soon.

If all they wanted was a 2B, they probably could've just traded Heaney + one of the other guys. Or just Heaney honestly. Dee Gordon isn't that much of an upgrade over what they had.

Comment

• He'll be decent at best, as far as talent goes. If he has a .380 BABIP for a three month stretch, he can look like an all-star-ish player, but that won't mean he's actually that good.
                              poop

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
                                I feel like giving up prospects to spend $12 million on two players in free agency is an indicator that the owner shouldn't be owning a team, and it's also probably not a wise usage of resources.

They want two players supposedly. An average of $6 million doesn't get you much in free agency these days.

The guys we gave up in this trade all project to be a part of a big league roster rather soon.

If all they wanted was a 2B, they probably could've just traded Heaney + one of the other guys. Or just Heaney honestly. Dee Gordon isn't that much of an upgrade over what they had.
                                If we had gotten the other guys from any other team, we'd all be so pissed we got a bunch of no name prospects. All project to be a part of a big league roster isn't saying much. Bullpen, bench, easily replaceable.

Comment

Working...
                                X