Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jeter Meets With Loria; Possible Minority Ownership?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigGameFish View Post
    Even if its possible, I've never thought highly of minority celebrity ownership. Look at what the Dolphins tried to do a few years ago. Turns the franchise into more of a circus than a team. But I guess that would fit Loria's motif.
    I think it'd be different in this case, given he's a former player, not just a movie /music celebrity.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGameFish View Post
      This story makes no sense. I agree, why would Jeter choose the Marlins, if anyone?

Even if its possible, I've never thought highly of minority celebrity ownership. Look at what the Dolphins tried to do a few years ago. Turns the franchise into more of a circus than a team. But I guess that would fit Loria's motif.
      The Dolphins were a circus because the product on the field was a circus.

Comment

Now that he's retired, ex-Yankees captain Derek Jeter says he has been busy — coming up with book ideas for his new publishing firm, reading to kids, hanging out at NFL games ... and editing angry letters from Tiger Woods.

But he hasn't been working on that bid to buy the Florida Marlins, despite the rumors sparked by a meeting at Marlins Park with with team owner Jeffrey Loria.

"You got money for me? A report I'm going to buy it? Who am I buying with? Unless you got money for me," Jeter said via the Daily News before hanging out with a few hundred children at the Lincoln Center AMC Theater on Monday night as part of his Turn 2 Foundation's Annual Holiday Express. "Do you believe everything you read?"

He added: "The foundation is something that we plan to continue on, I plan to be involved. To what extent? Talk to my sister [about] how much she wants me around."

If he were still playing, Jeter, 40, would be working out in preparation for the upcoming season — while watching general manager Brian Cashman mold the roster, of course. Now, he says, "physically, it's nice to have the time off," and he offered some words of advice to Didi Gregorius, the new Yankees shortstop: "Enjoy himself. Play hard."

"People ask about my extra time, but until I'm supposed to be somewhere, then I don't have any extra time," Jeter said. "I guess the middle of February is probably when it hits me more."
        http://www.nj.com/yankees/index.ssf/...a_marlins.html
        Originally posted by Madman81
        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Would add such nice credibility to our franchise - I love this rumor/speculation!

Comment

Working...
          X