Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
    I have to imagine Cishek is gone
    He is gone but there is no point in trading him yet. As soon as Robertson signs then watch for the market for Cishek to pick up.

As reported they are floating Heaney around the league and they are also trying to trade Brad Hand(again) for a pitcher with options

The reason with Heaney is they like Nicolino as much and think Heaney could bring a guy that is useful(Gattis,Trumbo/Miley,Porcello)

Comment

The idea that Nicolino could possibly make Heaney "expendable" is a pretty nice microcosm of why I don't actually trust this management group to put together a playoff team on a below-average payroll.

They're just not smart. At all.
      poop

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
        The idea that Nicolino could possibly make Heaney "expendable" is a pretty nice microcosm of why I don't actually trust this management group to put together a playoff team on a below-average payroll.

They're just not smart. At all.
        Not saying that makes Heaney expendable saying they like Nicolino and they think that Heaney can bring something nicer back in return

Comment

Nicolino's not good.
          --------------------
          This trade seems like a whole bunch of nothing. He's like their 4th best reliever, right?
          Last edited by Bobbob1313; 11-28-2014, 02:05 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
          poop

Comment

Originally posted by nny View Post
            I think Crow isn't good (always had bad peripherals and last year was super bad) but I also don't think Flynn really becomes anything so it's whatever. It's more-so the 2m I care about.
            Basically my feelings as well. Not so much happy thinking we got ourselves a really good setup man as opposed to happy it only cost us Flynn and this Redman guy. Flynn was becoming a lost cause and had no spot on this team moving forward. I guarantee he would've become a Rule V causality soon enough.

In our bullpen we now have Crow, Ramos, Morris, and Cishek. Feels like a trade gaining a major league player for a career minor leaguer.

It does scare me just how much Royals fans are happy to see Crow go...

Comment

Fans hate every reliever who isn't Craig Kimbrel.
              poop

Comment

Lol JCR reporting we could consider Crow as a starter
                Originally posted by Madman81
                Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Whole lotta meh.

Comment

After thinking about this for a few days I still don't understand why people like this trade. Most reports still say the team is trying to ditch salary and here we are adding it at a position of strength. Crow also isn't that great and if he repeats 2014 next year everyone here will be calling for his head. This has nothing to do with the players we traded for him as they are as of little value as he is but they didn't have a salary above the minimum. This is also a move that is typical of the Marlins just they're normally on the other side of it. They've jettisoned better relievers than crow over the same salary projections in arbitration. It just makes no sense to me.

Comment

So, if they keep Cishek and Dunn and have a ~$65 million payroll, they'll be putting roughly 20% of the team salary toward the bullpen.

Zero chance they make the playoffs if that ends up being true by opening day.
                      poop

Comment

Originally posted by jay576 View Post
                        After thinking about this for a few days I still don't understand why people like this trade. Most reports still say the team is trying to ditch salary and here we are adding it at a position of strength.
                        What reports are those? I haven't read one thing about the Marlins trying to cut salary.

Comment

Well, every report has said they're aiming for $65m in salary, while looking to add one or two big-ish free agents. The math only adds up if they dump salary in the bullpen.

The big fear should be that they'll just go into the season with roughly the same roster, citing the fact that they were "in the race" when Stanton went down. This is an 80-win team, as presently constructed. They're not making the playoffs without serious improvements in numerous spots.

I'm just as, if not more disillusioned about this franchise as I was pre-Stanton contract...
                          poop

Comment

I'd be hugely disappointed if that happened but I tend to think that it won't since they've been linked to nearly ten different players this offseason and we're not even at the Winter Meetings yet. Let's just wait until then, until Scherzer and Lester are off the market and things start to get moving. If it's after Christmas and still the best we have is Aaron Crow and someone like Mike Morse and Brandon Morrow, then this team is in big trouble.

Comment

It's great that they've been linked to that many different players, but there's no indication they've actually offered competitive salaries to those players. At $65m, their payroll limitations are real.
                              poop

Comment

They're going to trade Cishek for something good.

They'll sign a starter and a bat.

I don't expect much more
                                STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

Working...
                                X