BP Top 10 Prospects 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BP Top 10 Prospects 2015

I don't have a BP subscription, but noticed they put out a top 10 list of prospects a few weeks ago. This is in order

LHP Andrew Heaney
    RHP Tyler Kolek
    C J.T. Realmuto
    RHP Trevor Williams
    RHP Jose Urena
    RHP Anthony DeSclafani
    2B Avery Romero
    LHP Justin Nicolino
    RHP Nick Wittgren
    LHP Michael Mader
    http://www.baseballprospectus.com/ar...rticleid=24992

I am guessing there is going to be no consensus after the first 3 as Barnes, German, Conley, Dayton, Ramsey, etc. could all be ranked on this I imagine.

Really weak farm. The two starters and a lot of ifs.

Big drop for Nicolino. Those K drops are pretty concerning.

Comment

https://imgur.com/a/Cv4MJ

See their profile of Kolek. Makes you really wish we took Rodon, even if it meant not signing someone else since he's a Boras client, because he will be ready for our window of contention.
      --------------------
      Maybe they plan on trading Kolek a la Moran, his gaudy velocity would draw lots of interest and he was essentially the first pick. Or they hope he will fill in the hole of Jose and others in FA around that time.
      Last edited by xeysz; 11-26-2014, 02:44 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

The Kolek pick was more about what he could be in 3 years or so. The FO saw him as Jamison Tallion-big guy who could be up by age 21 and could replace a SP that will cost alot more. They did not wanna rush him and worked more on his stamina and mechanics. This will be the year especially at Gboro which is a hitters park

Some in the FO did not like Rodon at all(Mechanics/thought was more a RP) and when they asked about how much he wanted they passed

Trevor Williams ranking is not suprising(Scouts love him)-Innings eater who throws strikes and will be a Starter. Urena/Desco are both RP

The system is not bad just not alot of premium prospects

Comment

So, what, Heaney B+, Kolek B, Realmuto B-, and then a bunch of C+?

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
            The system is not bad just not alot of premium prospects
            That's what makes it bad.

Comment

Originally posted by nny View Post
              So, what, Heaney B+, Kolek B, Realmuto B-, and then a bunch of C+?
              Probably fair. It's just all high floor guys. I'm surprised how "down" they are on Kolek though. Most reports are a lot more "classic texas fireballer" so maybe he would be a B+/A- on a consensus. It's nice to see Realmuto considered an average regular though, because that would be fantastic if it happens.

The high floor thing is also kind of OK considering Stanton, Yelich, Fernandez, and Ozuna are not high floor guys. They have the two hardest things to find already - Stanton and Fernandez.

Adding a # 3 starter (Heaney), a # 4 starter (Williams), a # 5 starter (Nicolino), and three decent RHP relievers (Urena, DeScalfani, and Wittgren... maybe more with Ramsey/German) to the current team makes Cishek, Eovaldi, Koehler, Hand, and other relievers expendable within the next year, and that's going to bring in some decent infield assets.

Still makes me thing the immediate plan is easy - sign a veteran SP, Cishek/Eovaldi/Jones for best infielder available, if there is extra payroll, upgrade someone else in infield.

Comment

BA has its Marlins Top 10 list up

Comment

Working...
                X