Marlins Extend Redmond Through 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
    Some of his late game replacements and strategy are puzzling to me sometimes, but these are things that I complain about with pretty much every manager we've ever had.
    Originally posted by Mainge View Post
    That doesn't mean those moves aren't stupid.
    but again, I don't mind, because yeah, I don't know how much effect they really have on games
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

More excited to have the entire staff back next year, no qualms at all with any of the coaches. Redmond makes some bad decisions, but he has very little experience managing any ball club at all. Hopefully his tendencies aren't set in stone and he can improve.

/hopeless romantic

Comment

Originally posted by Mainge View Post
        That doesn't mean those moves aren't stupid.
        But it does mean that any possible replacement is unlikely to provide positive value.

One thing I like about Redmond: he doesn't really do anything.

At least according to this, from Grantland.

Only one manager made moves less often than Redmond. I like that. Just leave the thing alone. (as of Aug. 14), the only manager moves he had made more often than league average were issuing intentional walks and sacrifice bunting. And he was closer to the middle than the top of the league in both of those, anyways.
        poop

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
          But it does mean that any possible replacement is unlikely to provide positive value.

One thing I like about Redmond: he doesn't really do anything.

At least according to this, from Grantland.

Only one manager made moves less often than Redmond. I like that. Just leave the thing alone. (as of Aug. 14), the only manager moves he had made more often than league average were issuing intentional walks and sacrifice bunting. And he was closer to the middle than the top of the league in both of those, anyways.
          I don't mind keeping him because whatever. I was just pointing out that stupid moves are still stupid, regardless of how many other people are making stupid moves.

Comment

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
            I am guessing that Ericks last post was directed at my last post?

Jose Fernandez could have coached this team to 77 wins. They won 77 games because of the outfield, Alvarez, Cosart, HitsIntoDoublePlay McGahees ridiculously lucky 1H and a solid bullpen.

Not Mike Redmond.

Again, I don't mind the move but cmon.
            That might or might not be true.

Comment

It's a nothing move. Managers are not the smartest group of people. Managers that advocate "playing the game the right way" are seemingly willfully ignorant. This is a nothing move for on-field results. In the modern-dead-ball-era it seems teams are only as good as their pitching, anyway.

It only matters if this creates stability to encourage Stanton to take a multi-year deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
                That might or might not be true.
                Agreed

Comment

I like Mike Redmond. He's a grinder. We need a grinder to grind it out when grinding is our last chance to grind out a win, ya know?

Comment

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                    I like Mike Redmond. He's a grinder. We need a grinder to grind it out when grinding is our last chance to grind out a win, ya know?
                    While eating a grinder?

Comment

I love a pizza grinder.
                      LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

I don't love his in-game decisions, but I have no issue with giving him this extension. The players seem to like him and it's nice to have some stability. Plus, baseball managers have probably the least impact of any of the major sports head coaches. If the team is performing, no reason to take issue with keeping him, or even extending him.

Comment

Working...
                        X