Giancarlo Stanton's Fractured Bones WILL NOT Require Surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giancarlo Stanton's Fractured Bones WILL NOT Require Surgery

He was tearing up in the post-game interview.
    --------------------
    SI just tweeted a pic. No blood, but I'm still going to spoiler it.

Spoiler:
    Last edited by Miamarlin21; 09-11-2014, 11:29 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
    LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post

He was tearing up in the post-game interview.
    Yeah, you could tell it was affecting him.

Comment

I honestly felt bad for Fiers. I probably would have reacted the same way he did if I thought they were yelling at me.

The way he slammed the ball into the ground out of frustration...been there.

I understand the reaction from the Marlins side too though.

The whole situation sucked. All around.
      --------------------
      I don't really think we should have retaliated, but I get it.

Also, Tommy Hutton during this whole thing was the god damn worst. Fucking grown man yelling and screaming on a baseball telecast.
      Last edited by HUGG; 09-11-2014, 11:35 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

The umpires did a terrible job.

Comment

User Actions
          Following

clarkspencer
          ‏@clarkspencer
          Redmond said it "doesn't look good" as far as Stanton returning this season.
          I'm very anxious/nervous to see what the x-rays and scans say.

Comment

Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
            I'm very anxious/nervous to see what the x-rays and scans say.
            I saw/heard Redmond say it didn't look good in the post game interview. I don't know if he said that based upon any preliminary info on Stanton's condition, or if he just said it based on gut feeling/what he saw when it happened.

Either way, as you said, we're all anxious/nervous to find out more about his condition.

Comment

I think it was the latter. But I am not sure.

Comment

If he suffered serious eye damage and has to retire, we'll finally have kept a great player his whole career.

Comment

Joe Frisaro ‏@JoeFrisaro 58s
                  #Marlins Giancarlo Stanton suffered a facial laceration requiring stitches, multiple facial fractures and dental damage
                  Poor G.
                  --------------------
                  He is returning to Miami tomorrow.
                  Last edited by Miamarlin21; 09-12-2014, 12:06 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Mike Fiers is the new Scott Cousins. I feel terrible for him and worse for Stanton

And I hope THut gets suspended. Rallying for a team to retaliate is the worst.

Comment

Will Carroll ‏@injuryexpert 22s
                      It's a very good sign that Stanton can travel. If his eye was in question, would be immediate surgery.

I'll have article up soon at B/R.
                      Good to hear.

Comment

Originally posted by marlinsfan24 View Post
                        Mike Fiers is the new Scott Cousins. I feel terrible for him and worse for Stanton

And I hope THut gets suspended. Rallying for a team to retaliate is the worst.
                        Time for a new rule?

---

On another note, I wonder if some sort of full helmet could be developed - like with a clear front for visibility. Like as opposed to a catcher's style mask with the wire/metal, I wonder if a sort of molded clear plastic could be used. I guess it wouldn't be all that dissimilar from the ones seen in the NBA sometimes, except built into a full batting helmet? Not sure how well it would work (withstanding pitch velocity, etc), or how much it would impede visibility, but still, with pitch velocity increasing, it may be worth looking into (I'm sure they are researching). I think they said on the telecast that it was an 88-mph pitch. I'm sure a 100-mph would've been worse.

Comment

Great detailed analysis on the injury by Will Carroll

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles...luggers-future
                          Originally posted by Madman81
                          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

@CraigMinervini: #Giancarlo in good spirits, saying he was uplifted by his mates. Dental work on 3 teeth in Miami. Fractures will heal, no surgery expected

https://twitter.com/craigminervini/s...38686295502848

Comment

Originally posted by Hugg View Post
                              I honestly felt bad for Fiers. I probably would have reacted the same way he did if I thought they were yelling at me.

The way he slammed the ball into the ground out of frustration...been there.

I understand the reaction from the Marlins side too though.

The whole situation sucked. All around.
                              --------------------
                              I don't really think we should have retaliated, but I get it.

Also, Tommy Hutton during this whole thing was the god damn worst. Fucking grown man yelling and screaming on a baseball telecast.
                              I love how I keep seeing the talking heads at ESPN bashing the marlins for coming out on the field and retaliating. It's clear they were not watching the game and didn't understand what was going on.

Johnson got hit, McGehee starts screaming at the umpires. (understandably) Fiers thinks that hostility is directed at him and starts gesturing towards the Marlins dugout, at that point is when the benches cleared.

If you don't know what you're talking about, you should just shut up.

Comment

Working...
                              X