No announcement yet.

Miami Marlins at Milwaukee Brewers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is very concerning that despite one of the longest playoff droughts in the league, the FO still has a 1970s mentality towards roster construction and refuses to buyout young players. This year has been fun, but it is concerning that this team has a bunch of short term solutions in the infield and nothing waiting in the wings.

As far as the board is concerned, a lot of the core from a few years ago now have professional careers, is married, and some have kids. That cuts into your ability to spend 3 hours online talking about a baseball game. Not to say that is the only cause. Some of them were already mentioned.
    --------------------
    Concerning
    Last edited by Party; 09-09-2014, 09:03 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
      Daily basis? Come on. Don't you think that's a little over-the-top?
      I mean, Red does fill out a lineup card every night. And Dietrich is in the minor leagues everyday. So yes, it's not too over the top.

Comment

Fuck Yes. Beautiful high-wire act there by Morris.

Let's win this fucking game boys.
        --------------------
        Fuck Yes McGehee. 5-3 Fish.
        --------------------
        One of the most exciting finishes of the year. Only 3 1/2 games out of a playoff spot.

No one gives a fuck.
        Last edited by Nick; 09-09-2014, 11:05 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Hmmmm

Comment

Regarding the front office, Loria deserves blame for the team inevitably falling short this year. The front office has actually done a nice job this year considering how terrible the owner is.

It's been a fun year though regardless of how it ends.

Comment

I bet someone is on the Brewers message board saying omg only we load the bases with no outs and don't score.

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
                Regarding the front office, Loria deserves blame for the team inevitably falling short this year. The front office has actually done a nice job this year considering how terrible the owner is.
                Honestly, I'm not sure how I'd rate it

Negatives:

Reed Johnson over Ruggs (Saved $1m). Ruggs had a down year last year yeah, but Johnson was worse and old. It's not really surprising how bad he's doing.

Carlos Marmol over Ryan Webb (Saved $500k). Even with Webb's struggles, Marmol was a disaster and Webb actually has fantastic peripherals.

Gave 3.5m to Furcal to start over Dietrich. Now starting Solano over Dietrich. Traded for Kike and still starts Solano.

Gave Kevin Gregg over 1m.

Gave away Jacob Turner to start Brad Penny. <- likely a nothing move but just brings into question the thought process they have.

Positives:

Garrett Jones over Logan worked and got us Capps, but we also gave a multi year contract to a player that has essentially accumulated 0 WAR since 2010 so it's hard for me to praise it too much.

McGee was a good signing even if he's falling off a cliff.

Morris trade has worked out.

Neutrals:

Salty signing.

Baker too. Decent bench signing.

I'd say Coghlan release here too. Hard for me to fault them non-tendering him, but he has had a really good season in CHC.

So yeah, nothing the FO has done has made me really think "good job!" but there have been a ton of head scratching moves (Furcal, Gregg, Marmol, Solano)

Comment

Gave 3.5m to Furcal to start over Dietrich. Now starting Solano over Dietrich. Traded for Kike and still starts Solano.
                  Really you could just start and end here.
                  --------------------
                  Gotta add Cosart trade as a positive I would think so far. Even with the inclusion of Kike not really making much sense at this point. Marisnick has been really shitty for the 'Stros.
                  Last edited by Nick; 09-10-2014, 03:09 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Moran's continued being solid and unspectacular in every way as well.
                    poop

Comment

The Cosart move looks like a Picasso right now.

But besides that and hitting triple 777s with McGehee and some bullpen help it's been a train wreck.year for the FO.

Comment

I don't see train wreck

Comment

Furcal
                          Jones
                          Deitrich
                          Marmol
                          Gregg
                          Penny

Train wreck.
                          --------------------
                          Originally posted by Party's Back On View Post

As far as the board is concerned, a lot of the core from a few years ago now have professional careers, is married, and some have kids. That cuts into your ability to spend 3 hours online talking about a baseball game. Not to say that is the only cause. Some of them were already mentioned.
                          --------------------
                          Concerning

It is what it is but I think there is probably some middle ground between 3 hours a day and zero hours a day.

This place is a ghost town (other than today) and the team is 3.5 games out. The whole "it's just that time of the year MK7" thing just sounds like thin rationalizing.

Festa, what I'm saying is........I miss you and the tender times we spent together.

Call me.

One time.

Xxoo
                          Last edited by Namaste; 09-10-2014, 04:42 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

The Mike Redmond for manager of the year talk sickens me.

Comment

There's more to managing than in-game management.

Comment

(I actually don't think he's particularly bad for the league as a whole)
                                (I also don't think in-game managing makes much of an impact)
                                poop

Comment

Working...
                                X