X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
    he said post game that his arm has never felt better

my eye test has always told me that he is our unluckiest starter
    .313 BABIP is mostly alright, but 63.5% LOB rate is not great.

That could be bad luck, but it's also the result of allowing an OPS nearly 200 points higher with men on base, compared to the league as a whole, which has a 40 point split. Part of that is a .044 higher babip with men on base, but it's also because he's allowed 5 more home runs and two more doubles with men on base, in 109 fewer at-bats.

He's been getting rocked when pitching out of the stretch.
    poop

Comment

He has the most hittable 100 mph fastball this side of Matt Lindstrom.

Comment

Honestly if he keeps getting shelled what do you think will happen with him next year?

Comment

Sent to Asia.
          This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
            .313 BABIP is mostly alright, but 63.5% LOB rate is not great.

That could be bad luck, but it's also the result of allowing an OPS nearly 200 points higher with men on base, compared to the league as a whole, which has a 40 point split. Part of that is a .044 higher babip with men on base, but it's also because he's allowed 5 more home runs and two more doubles with men on base, in 109 fewer at-bats.

He's been getting rocked when pitching out of the stretch.
            Considering that was one of Nolasco's biggest problems (pitching out of the stretch), it might be incredibly prudent to sell high on him. Not now obviously, as an 89 ERA+ isn't high. But if he manages to finish the season strong and works it up, and starts out next season guns blazing again, it's something to think about. Lou has certainly drummed it up a lot, and that info makes me more for it.

Comment

Working...
            X