Red @ Marlins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
    It taking 6 minutes or whatever it was makes it apparent to me it wasn't so clear that he blocked the plate.

Additionally - to me it'd be one thing if it were a closer play where he more evidently interfered with the runner's path to the plate, but the throw beat him by about 3 strides to where Mathis was waiting for him....obviously he's going to be blocking the plate at that point. I don't think they understand their own rule enough to make a correct call on it.
    He was blocking the plate before he caught the ball. He's allowed to block it with the ball. You're the one changing the rules.

Comment

But Beef, shouldn't it matter WHEN he is blocking the plate without the ball? Say the throw comes in while the runner is 15 feet away from home, and Mathis has to go into the running lane to get the ball, so he is technically blocking the plate without the ball...pursuant to the rule the runner would automatically score in that scenario. That's a fatal flaw of the rule.
      Last edited by BigGameFish; 08-01-2014, 06:33 PM.
      STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

I agree. There was nothing imminent at the plate so he wasn't actually blocking it from any actual use.

Comment

Maybe next year

Comment

Hate the call, but Chris Logel got it right about how the Marlins need to teach their catchers to handle this the rest of the season:
            http://marlinmaniac.com/2014/08/02/h...e-contraversy/

Comment

Dunn wins again

Comment

turner is such shit

runners are 13 for 14 in sbs and it's not even close
                Originally posted by Madman81
                Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Mathis on fire lol

Comment

another stolen base vs turner. watching him is so painful
                    Originally posted by Madman81
                    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Basesloaded and no one out was painful to watch as well. Kike hasn't started a game yet. Love how we just waste people away on the bench.

Comment

• DFA HIM

Comment

• This is just painful to watch.

Comment

Working...
                          X